Welcome to Google App Engine! Creating an App Engine application is easy, and only takes a few minutes. And it's free to start: upload your app and share it with users right away, at no charge and with no commitment required.
Google App Engine applications can be written in the Python 2.7, Java, Go or PHP programming languages. This tutorial covers Python 2.7. If you would prefer to use Java, Go or PHP to build your applications, see the Java, Go or PHP guides.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
- build an App Engine application using Python
- use the
webapp2web application framework
- use the App Engine datastore with the Python modeling API
- integrate an App Engine application with Google Accounts for user authentication
- use Jinja2 templates with your app
- upload your app to App Engine
By the end of the tutorial, you will have implemented a working application, a simple guest book that lets users post messages to a public message board.
To get started developing Google App Engine applications, you download and set up the App Engine software development kit.
Continue to The Development Environment.