When users open your content from Google Search results or query autocompletions on Android, App Indexing can automatically bring the user right to your app. For this to happen, the user needs to have your app installed, and you need to do two things: establish the relationship between your web pages and app deep links, and integrate the App Indexing API. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Add deep link support and specify how to reach specific content within your app.
- Verify your app's official website on Google Play Console.
- Provide deep links for each web page that has a corresponding deep link, either on each page of your website or in your sitemaps.
- Add the App Indexing API to drive traffic back to your app from Google Search query autocompletions.
- Check for errors in Webmaster Tools so you can fix them.
Let's start by adding deep link support to your Android app.