Google smart home lets users control your connected devices through the Google Home app and the Google Assistant, which is available on more than 1 billion devices, like smart speakers, phones, cars, TVs, headphones, watches, and more.
The benefits to you include deepening user engagement, driving sales of your devices and growing your brand value.
- Deepen user engagement: reach users across one billion Assistant devices, improve discoverability, and remove friction from set-up.
- Drive sales: become discoverable on Shopping on Search, increase eligibility to be featured across retail, installer channels.
- Grow brand value: be at the center of the thoughtful home. Enable users to know your brand due to reliability and rich features.
To connect your device with the Google Assistant, you need to build a smart home Action. Assistant handles how users trigger your Action (in multiple languages) and provides you with relevant metadata through Home Graph (such as a specific device based on user’s room); all you need to do is respond to the requests in your service.
- How Assistant triggers your smart home Action and how Home Graph works, see concepts.
- What you need to build a smart home Action, see develop.
- What a sample smart home Action looks like, see the samples.
To start developing your Action, go to the Actions Console.