After you build the order submission and response, test your implementation using the Actions on Google console. The console provides automated testing options as well as methods for performing manual tests.
If you haven't tested your web service before, review the prerequisites for testing.
You can complete order submission testing with the Actions console using either an automated testing method or a manual test using your valid data feed. If possible, use the automated testing method for faster results and testing coverage.
Test with the automated test tool
The Actions console provides a set of automated tests you can run against your web service to test order submission. This testing method can save you time by automating the testing process and providing a repeatable test set.
To test your submit order fulfillment implementation, follow these steps:
- In the Actions console, open your food ordering service project and then select Test > Integrations.
- In the Data feed field, select Preview.
- In the Fulfillment endpoint field, enter the fulfillment endpoint URL for your food ordering web service.
- In Advanced settings section, select the test cases for your integration test to run. For this test, select the SubmitOrder > Eligible cart test case.
- Click Run.
Wait for the test to complete. This testing process can take up to 20 minutes depending on the number of entities and test cases selected.
Review the results of your integration test to make sure your feed and fulfillment work as expected. You should have a success rate of at least 95% for each of the tests. For test cases with a low success rate, get more information about associated error messages by clicking on the test case.
Test manually with a data feed
You can test your order submission fulfillment using a valid data feed for your Order with Google service. This testing process uses the data feed preview mode to walk through the ordering process and simulate an order.
To test your submit order fulfillment manually, follow these steps:
- In the Actions console, open your Order with Google service project and then select Develop > Data feeds.
- On the Test your app with feeds card, click Get started.
- Select Preview as the data feed environment.
- Click Launch Test to preview your feed.
- Go through the Order with Google flow by adding items to a cart and checking out.
- Test your submit order endpoint by clicking the Place order button:
- If the order is successfully submitted, the preview displays a confirmation page containing your order details.
Additional resourcesIn addition to the steps outlined above, you can use console tools to further test and troubleshoot your order fulfillment. Refer to the following tools for additional guidance:
- The Chrome DevTool Console outputs request and response JSON between the console and your fulfillment. Refer to this output while performing a manual test to troubleshoot specific issues.
- Your web service fulfillment endpoint outputs its logs to Stackdriver in the Google Cloud console. If you're troubleshooting issues with your fulfillment code, refer to these logs for detailed error messages.