Order with Google requires an Actions console project, which gives you access to data feed uploading tools and web service endpoint configuration.
To create your project, do the following:
- In the Actions Console, click Add/import project to create a new Actions project.
- Enter a name for your project, then click Create Project. For easier identification, we recommend you use "FO <Company Name>" as the project name.
- On the category selection screen, select Food Ordering.
- Go to Deploy > Location targeting. Use this page to define the countries and territories where your Order with Google integration will be accessible according to your contract with Order with Google.
- The Actions API is enabled by default for new projects. If you're using an existing project, check to make sure the Actions API in the Google API Library is enabled.
Once your project is created, you can add additional languages as needed.
Set up a service account
To set up a service account, do the following:
- The Actions project that you have created also creates a Google Cloud project.
- Select the project you created, if it's not already selected.
- Click Service Accounts in the left menu.
- Click Create Service Account at the top of the page.
- Enter a name for the service account and click Create.
- For Select a role, choose Project > Editor.
- Click Continue.
- Optional: Add users to grant them access to the service account and click Done.
- Click > Create key for the service account you just created.
- Select JSON as the format and click Create.
- Once your new public/private key pair is generated, download it to your machine.
Add a fulfillment URL
In order to test your project, you must enter a fulfillment URL for your project. The fulfillment URL points your Actions console project to your web service URL endpoint, which hosts your fulfillment code.
To set up your fulfillment URL, do the following:
- In the Actions console, go to Develop > Actions.
- Add a placeholder fulfillment URL in the text field. At this stage, the fulfillment URL doesn't need to be a working URL.
- Click Save.