The Cobalt team has pushed critical patches to the 22.lts.stable branch with tag 22.lts.3 (22.lts.4.307648 push). Considering the importance of these patches, the Cobalt team strongly recommends that partners migrate Cobalt to this new version as soon as possible if you have Cobalt 22.lts.stable on your existing devices.
Resolved general Cobalt memory fragmentation issues in Cobalt 22
Setting MALLOC_ARENA_MAX=1 or MALLOC_ARENA_MAX=2 may have a drastic effect in reducing the rate of memory increase on affected platforms.
Fixed a crash that occurs when VR360 shuts down
Fixed a font issue that printed wrong characters for specific CJK fonts
Fixed an intermittent crash for StartMediaPlaybackService
Fixed a bug in which audio continued from a closed video after app resumption
Evergreen (Matching Version - 2.3.3)
- Fixed an intermittent crash on Evergreen updater
- Fixed a short noise issue that is noticeable when switching between Cobalt and live TV
- Improved longevity performance with preallocated media buffers
- Fixed a bug in MediaPlaybackService that can prevent releasing memory
- Fixed a crash that may occur with preallocated media buffers on suspend
Please contact our support channels if you have any kind of problems, questions, or feedback.
Issue Tracker: For bug reports or feature requests.
Mailing List: For feature discussions, schedules, and roadmaps.