To use Google Drive API, you need a Google Cloud Platform project. This project forms the basis for creating, enabling, and using all GCP services, including managing APIs, enabling billing, adding and removing collaborators, and managing permissions.
- Open the Google Cloud Console.
- Next to "Google Cloud Platform," click the Down arrow . A dialog listing current projects appears.
- Click New Project. The New Project screen appears.
- In the Project Name field, enter a descriptive name for your project. If you're executing a quickstart, use "Quickstart."
- (Optional) To edit the Project ID, click Edit. The project ID can't be changed after the project is created, so choose an ID that meets your needs for the lifetime of the project.
- Click Organization and select your organization.
- In the Location field, click Browse to display potential locations for your project.
- Click a location and click Select.
- Click Create. The console navigates to the Dashboard page and your project is created within a few minutes.
For further information on GCP projects, refer to Creating and managing projects.