This version of the Google Search Console API enforces the following usage limits:
Search Analytics quota falls in two types: load limits and QPS limits. The "quota exceeded" error is the same for all quota exceeded events.
Load represents the internal resources consumed by a query. Most users will not exceed load limits, but if you do, you will receive a "quota exceeded" error message. The Search Analytics resource enforces the following load limits:
- Short-term load quota: Short-term quota is measured in 10 minute chunks. To fix:
- If you exceed your quota, wait 15 minutes and try again. If you still exceed quota, you are exceeding long-term quota.
- If you are exceeding short-term quota only, spread out your queries throughout the day.
- Long-term load quota: Long-term quota is measured in 1 day chunks. If you exceed quota when running only a single query inside a 10 minute period, you are exceeding your long-term quota. To fix:
- Queries are expensive when you group and/or filter by either page or query string. Queries grouped/filtered by page AND query string are the most expensive. To reduce your load for these queries, remove the grouping and/or filtering for the page and/or query string.
- Query load increases with the date range queried. So queries with a six month range are much more expensive than a query with a one day range.
- Avoid requerying the same data (for example, querying all data for last month over and over).
The Search Analytics resource enforces the following QPS (queries per second) QPM (queries per minute) and QPD (queries per day) limits:
- Per-site quota (calls querying the same site):
- 1,200 QPM
- Per-user quota (calls made by the same user):
- 1,200 QPM
- Per-project quota (calls made using the same Developer Console key):
- 30,000,000 QPD
- 40,000 QPM
- User A can make up to 1,200 QPM combined to her 3 websites.
- Users A and B can make up to 1,200 QPM combined to their one website.
- index inspection quota is enforced per site (calls querying the same site):
- 2000 QPD
- 600 QPM
All other resources
- Per-user limit (calls made by the same user):
- 20 QPS
- 200 QPM
- Per-project limit (calls made using the same Developer Console key):
- 100,000,000 QPD
To view or change usage limits for your project, or to request an increase to your quota, do the following: