In this episode we chat to Jason Miller and the internet's Paul Irish (I'm not linking to his Twitter account. He has too many followers, and let's face it, you already follow him). We cover new DevTools stuff like:
- Editing resources in DevTools in a way that survives reloading.
- Getting a diff of changes you've made.
- Async debugging - step into
- Eager evaluation - giving you the results of side-effect-free code in advance.
- Showing function signatures in the console.
And other stuff like how
string.search has side effects.
Also check out Paul and Jason's I/O talk, What's new in Chrome DevTools.