Windows XP/Vista/7 or
- 32-bit & 64-bit
- Linux GTK 2.14 or higher (GTK 2.20 or higher recommended)
- Eclipse must be launched using JDK 1.5 or higher
- The Eclipse JDT must be fully installed. The PDE
must be installed for SWT/RCP support.
- The product may not work with remote desktop environments (except simple
ones like VNC)
- Any Eclipse 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 or 3.7 based IDE
SDK 3.4.x, 3.5.x, 3.6.x, or 3.7.x (JDK 1.5 or higher)
Application Developer 7.5.x
- XML-based APIs such as Eclipse XWT require Eclipse 3.5
- The Eclipse XML Editors and Tools feature should be loaded for XML editing
Installing the Update Site or Zip editions for Eclipse 3.4 or above requires the full Eclipse SDK including the
JDT (and PDE for SWT/RCP support). Use the Eclipse Classic, Java or RCP/RAP Developers distribution or install
the JDT and PDE separately.
When using any XML-based API such as Eclipse XWT, the Eclipse XML Editors and Tools feature should be loaded into
Eclipse for the optimal XML editing experience.