Issues you find when you troubleshoot can have many causes. There might be an incorrect environment setup, bugs in the code, or bad data provided by the application to the API. The following information on this page provides troubleshooting guidelines for the Waze Ads Management API.
The following lists provide points that can help you identify the cause of the issue that you want to resolve.
Setup steps and prerequisites
Answer the following questions to help you identify what might cause an issue related to the setup steps and prerequisites:
- Are you connected to the right service endpoint?
Were you granted access to the API?
Ensure the Waze Ads Management API is in the Google Cloud Console API Library. If you don't, you must request access.
- Is the API available?
- Did you connect your Waze Account?
API key and JSON Web Tokens
Answer the following questions to help you identify what might cause an issue related to the API key and JSON Web Tokens (JWTs):
Is the specified API key valid?
To create an API key, see the Google Cloud Platform prerequisites page.
Is the API key specified as a parameter?
API calls must include a
keyparameter set to your
- Did you use our
Was a JWT specified?
- Do you have an up-to-date JWT?
- Is the refresh token valid?
Answer the following questions to help you identify what might cause an issue related to API concepts:
Did you create the resources in the order shown in the resource creation dependency flow?
For example, you must create an
Account, then create a
BudgetPlan, before you can create a
- Did you specify a Global ID (GID) with the correct GID value?
Request body and data
Answer the following questions to help you identify what might cause an issue related to a request body or the data:
Did you use the correct
For example, to create a
Location, you need to include the
ACCOUNT_IDin the URL. Does this
ACCOUNT_IDexist? Do you have access to the
Are the relevant fields in the
updateMaskspecified for the
- When you send an
updateMask, confirm it matches the updates you want to make. The Waze Ads Management API supports partial updates.
- If you omit a field from the
patchrequest, it indicates that the API must leave it alone.
- If the application retrieves an object, makes a change, and sends it back, it's possible the application wrote to a field that doesn't support updates. Fields noted as "read only" in the reference documentation must not be sent in a request.
- When you send an
Request messages and syntax
Answer the following questions to help you identify what might cause an issue related to a request message or syntax:
- Is the request message structured correctly? Does it follow the schema?
- Was the correct data passed to the right place?
- Was the passed data the correct type? For example, a string, integer,
enum, or array?
Reporting data misssing/doesn't match
API wam-api.endpoints.waze-ads-wam-prod.cloud.goog is not enabled for the consumer
You need to enable the Waze Ads Management API.