GVR SDK and NDK for iOS v1.30.0
- Fixed an issue with solid green screens on second instance of
- Added bitcode support to parts of the library missing it. (issue)
GVR SDK and NDK for iOS v1.20.0
- Fixed BT.709 color conversion. (issue)
- Fixed duplicate symbols with GTMSessionFetcher and GTMLogger (issue)
- Consolidated GVRSDK/SDK, GVRSDK/NDK, GVRSDK/VRView sub pod specs to just GVRSDK. Please update your Podfile dependencies. This allows using the NDK, SDK and VRView features of GVRSDK at the same time and prevents duplicate symbols between them. (issue)
- Fixed solid green screen on second instance of
- Fixed black screen in VR mode on second instance of
- Release memory when
loadImageis called with
- Increase the
didUpdatePositionupdate frequency to 60 Hz. (issue)
GVR SDK and NDK for iOS v1.10.0
- Cocoapod now provides
libGVRNDK. Previously, there was a single
libCardboardSDK. Update your Podfile to use the correct library. This also reduces the size of the application binary.
- Added experimental support for Bitcode. (issue)
- Support for programmatic pairing of Cardboard viewer. This only works if the user has not paired a viewer themselves. (issue)
- Added hiding the info button on
- Added hiding the transition view on
- Added documentation for iOS NDK (
GVRWidgetViewbased widgets show the transition view once per process. (issue)
- Update VR UI layer to match that of Android.
- Changes the default behavior of
GVRVideoViewto pause the video right after loading. Call play to start playing. (issue)
- Fixed head tracking when a video is paused. Now the user can look around a paused video.
- Fixed memory leak when
GVRPanoramaViewis used in a
Google VR SDK for iOS v1.0.1
- Fixed memory leak during playback in
Google VR SDK for iOS v1.0.0
GVRVideoViewnow has a
- Fixed memory leak when reloading video in
VideoWidgetDemoapp’s storyboard to Xcode 8 format to fix scrolling in the app.
- Added the
NSCameraUsageDescriptionkey to the example app’s
Info.plist. This is needed to use the camera to scan the QR code of a Cardboard viewer.
- Added the
Metalmaterial type to surface materials of GVR audio rooms.
- Added a no distance attenuation option to distance rolloff methods for sound object sources.
- Fixed reverb gain parameter adjustments to ensure smoother transitions.
- Major performance improvements in binaural rendering of spatial audio sources.
GVR SDK for iOS v0.9.0
Spatial audio changes
- Added support for playback of stereo sources.
SetAmbisonicRotation()method to enable the rotation of ambisonic soundfield sources.
VR View changes
- Added API to get the rotation angles (yaw, pitch) of the user's head.
- Added API to change display mode (embedded, fullscreen, or fullscreen stereo) programmatically.
- Added support for manual override of the view's yaw via touch gestures. This is enabled by default but can be disabled.
- Fixed following issues:
GVR SDK for iOS v0.8.5
Added option in VrVideoView to specify that a streamed video is stereoscopic or monocular.
Fixed a bug where setting enableFullscreenButton to false would not correctly remove the fullscreen icon. (Github issue)
GVR SDK for iOS v0.8.1
- Improved performance on fullscreen to embedded transitions for VR view.
- Fixed bug on iOS 8 where skipping the QR code scanning flow would break VR view.
GVR SDK for iOS v0.8
- CardboardSDK renamed to GVRSDK.
- Changed the class prefix from
- Fixed Video VR View invalid layout after reloading video in VR mode. (Github issue)
- Fixed crash when parsing certain videos. (Github issue)
- Ability to toggle between VR and non-VR mode for VR Views.
- Updated Podfile for samples to work with Cocoapods 1.0. (Github issue)
- Added GetOutputData() to CardboardAudioSource. (Github issue)
Cardboard SDK for iOS v0.7.1
Fixed crash caused by memory exhaustion when loading large videos.
Assume video is 360 mono when no spherical metadata is found inside the video file.
Cardboard SDK for iOS v0.7.0
Provides VR View classes for rendering 360 Panorama images and videos.
Provides API for rendering 3D graphics in VR (stereo) mode.
Added audio engine to spatialize sound sources in 3d space. See how this engine is used in the Treasure Hunt sample code to help the user locate cubes in the scene thanks to spatial sounds coming from each cube.
- The SDK does not support the Xcode Simulator.
- The SDK does not support Metal graphics library.