The Vault API lets you manage:
- Matters—each matter is a container for all of the data related to a specific case or investigation. A matter includes:
- Saved search queries
- A list of accounts with data on hold
- A list of the accounts that can access the matter
- Export sets for the matter
- An audit trail for the matter
- Holds—allow you to preserve messages and files indefinitely to meet legal or preservation obligations. If a user who's subject to a hold deletes data, it's removed from the user's view, but the data is preserved in Vault. As long as the hold is in place, you can search and export that data.
- Exports—create, list, download, and delete Vault exports.