Use descriptive headings and titles because they help a user navigate their browser and the page. It's easier to jump between pages and sections of a page if the headings and titles are unique.
Formatting a heading or title
- Use sentence case for headings and titles. For more information, see Capitalization.
- Tag headings using heading elements. In HTML:
<h2>, and so on. In Markdown:
##, and so on.
- Use API levels for Android versions.
- To change the visual formatting of a heading, use CSS rather than using a heading level that doesn't fit the hierarchy. Don't make up your own formnatting for headings.
- Don't use code font even for elements that use code font in paragraph text.
- Use a heading hierarchy and take the following items under consideration:
- Use a level-1 heading for the page title or main content heading. In some publishing systems, a level-1 heading might be generated automatically based on a page title that you supply.
- Don't skip levels of the heading hierarchy. For example, put an
<h3>only under an
# Transferring data sets This article provides a high-level overview of ways to transfer your data to GCP. ### Estimating costs
# Transferring data sets This article provides a high-level overview of ways to transfer your data to GCP. ## Estimating costs
- Don't use empty headings or headings with no associated content.
## Migrating VMs to Compute Engine ### Designing the migration
## Migrating VMs to Compute Engine Migration is not just a single step. The following sections describe the recommended steps. ### Designing the migration