API level 2.1
Released May 2017
- Added Direct Upload to allow cameras to upload directly to servers.
- Replaced 360 video XMP specification with a new open standard.
- Added recommendation for specifying camera make/model in 360 video MP4s.
API level 2
Released July 2016
sessionIdand deprecated/modified related commands. API level 2 is designed for one client connection and camera manufacturers should make sure that only one client at any time is connected (for example via limiting only one wifi connection).
- Deprecated commands
- The absolute URL of a file is used to download directly from the HTTP server of the camera.
- Added/modified commands and
options for video
capture, interval image capture and live preview.
- Added commands
listFilesand modified inputs/outputs to handle video types as well as image types.
- Added options
- Modified options
- Added commands
- Added 360 video XMP specification.
- apiLevel: Field was added in API level 2. It is considered to be API level 1 by default when this field is missing. It is developers’ responsibility to retrieve this information and implement differently based on the value.
- Camera manufacturers: If you have been supporting API level 1, it is highly recommended that you support both API level 1 and API level 2 as an intermediate solution for a few months before the final update and provide a firmware update for cameras running API level 1, otherwise, clients supporting only API level 1 won't work with your cameras.
- App developers: Be aware these changes affect your previously-published app and it is your responsibility to make corresponding changes to either handle both versions and reminds camera owners to update their firmware.