May 19, 2016
- StoryViewer is now the default/primary tool to play stories within the Story Editor.
- StoryViewer now bundled with Story Editor in a single installer.
- Various StoryViewer additions and improvements including improved logs and a story graph panel.
- Story Editor can now import FBX files directly. (Support still to come for more complex items such as post fx, fogs, etc.)
- Engine supports multiple instances of single geometry within a scene.
- Now uses in-memory geometry across scenes (rather than loading for each scene).
- Optimizations to MXM data to reduce file sizes.
- Refactoring of alembic format to improve streaming/compression/info stored, etc.
- Added Event browser interface to Story Editor.
- Added camera scalar controls for neckLength and boom for Cardboard/VR modes.
- Display mode tunability for things such as cameras, post fx, and render graphs.
- Additional controls with the Story Editor (such as global surround enabling, mipmapping, individual texture compression).
- Can enable/disable actors within the ClipManager.
- Support animated textures.
- Improvements to Playblasts.
- Several items were renamed for consistency or user-friendly reasons. For example, State Machines are now Story Graphs.
February 9, 2016
- Preferences in Story Editor allow playing stories through new StoryViewer desktop application.
- New Build Story dialog allowing more precise control of the bake process.
- Audio lifecycle analysis increases number of audio files a story can use.
- Multiple render graphs now work in the same story.
- Audio quantization issues addressed.
- Fixes to Emitter falloff properties.
- Can set maximum resolution per texture in Story Editor.
- Audio and shader packages now work in flattened archives.
- Create a movie using the spotlight player plugin in Maya.
- Actors with the same name, but differing geometry are duplicated to present correct visuals.
- Export alembic actors with a custom Maya plugin.
December 10, 2015
- Fixes for ambisonic sound, rolloff, and stereo audio on device.
- Audio quantization support.
- Stereo support in preview (v key) and on device with the "-vr" flag.
- Cardboard VR settings available in Story Editor.
- Pause and step controls in player (Down Arrow and Up Arrow).
- Frame active states in state machine when connected to running story.
- Timeline and state machine performance improvements.
- Baking progress view in Story Editor.
- Ability to choose a specific Maya file for model export.
- Each story file gets a unique build directory (avoids bloated APKs and other build issues).
- Ignore namespace for Moxie camera rigs.
- Pause and step controls (Down Arrow and Up Arrow).
- Checkpoint support and debugging option.
- Fix for alembic and non-alembic actors playing out of sync.
- Fix for polygon offset causing artifacts on device.
- Engine support for projected textures.
- Control of Alembic compression levels in Story Editor.
- Improvements to build size by removing unneeded data.