Your Google Pay for Business channel is a shared space between you and your customers. The Communications API allows Google Pay Businesses to send messages to customers.
The Communications API was built to help users track transactions and receive notifications from consumer apps about upcoming transactions, confirmation receipts, and other types of communications. The APIs are designed to send the relevant information at the right time.
Use the steps below to get started with the Communications API:
- Meet the Prerequisites.
- Create a Google Service Account.
- Use the API to send transaction messages to your business channel.
Google Pay supports the following message templates:
- Payment reminders
To begin using the Communications API, you must meet the following prerequisites:
- You must be a Google Pay for Business partner. Sign up to become a partner.
- You must be able to accept payments using Google Pay. To learn more, see Google Pay for Business.
- You must whitelist your email account by contacting your Google representative.
- After whitelisting your email, enable the APIs for your project using the below steps:
- Go to the Google API Console.
- From the menu bar, select a project or create a new project.
- To open the Google API Library, from the Navigation menu, select APIs & Services > Library.
- Search for "NBU Payments API". Select the correct result and click Enable.
- Create a service account in the Google API Console.