- Did you update some metadata in your news feed, and it isn't reflected on Google Assistant (for example, logo, name, description)?
- Our system currently doesn't automate metadata updates that you make to your RSS feeds, so please
submit this update form
to notify us of any changes to the following:
- RSS feed URL (for audio and video)
- Image URL
- News category such as general, sports, etc.
For more information, see Submit or update your feed.
- Are you having trouble launching your news content on Google Assistant? Is Google Assistant playing content you don't expect from your query or command?
Audio and video news content that recently launched on Google Assistant may take 24-36 hours before they're fully launched.
If you've already waited 24-36 hours, and you're still having trouble, please try the following phrases, where [provider] is the name or synonym of your news content. For example, "Begin News on the Hour with Nancy" or "What’s the latest from News on the Hour with Nancy?"
Begin [provider] (news). Hear [provider] (news). Listen to [provider] (news). Play news from [provider]. Start [provider] (news). What's the latest (news) from [provider]?
If that still doesn't work for you, check to make sure that the issue isn't isolated to your specific device. Try accessing your news content on other Google Assistant-enabled devices, such as a smartphone or Google Home Mini.
If the issue persists, contact our support team. Provide detailed information about the issue, specific phrases you've used, the response from Google Assistant, and exact steps for how our team can replicate your issue.
- Are you having trouble launching your news content by using a query or command in a different language? For example, have you used Hindi to launch English-produced news content?
- We don't support multi-language queries or commands for countries that have multiple official languages. Users can only launch audio and video news content of the same language that they used to request the news via Google Assistant.
- Do you have other issues with your news content on Google Assistant?
- Contact our support team to provide detailed information about the issue you're experiencing.