Google Maps APIs Standard Plan updates implemented on June 22, 2016, are as follows:
- We no longer support keyless access (any request that doesn't include an API key). Future product updates are only available for requests made with an API key.
For apps created before June 22, 2016
All existing active domains and applications created before June 22, 2016, have been grandfathered. See below for specific details.
- Keyless access
Keyless access was fully terminated in September, 2018.
For the Geocoding API, Directions API, Distance Matrix API, Elevation API, and Time Zone API, keyless requests partially succeeded, until September 2018.
- Client-side web service requests quota grant
This behavior will change on November 29, 2018. Learn more.
To enable billing, we'll guide you through the Google Cloud Platform Console to complete a few tasks:
- Create or choose a project
- Set up or choose your billing profile
- Enable billing on your project