- Animations on zoom and pan
- Markers, info windows, and polygons which do not blink during zoom.
- OverlayViews can hook into the animation frame loop, and render at fractional-zoom levels. This allows arbitrary DOM elements to animate in sync with the map.
- Improved support for touch gestures
- Tiles load during touch pan and zoom.
- Touch works properly on Internet Explorer and Edge browsers.
- When the map is resized, the map center is fixed
- The full-screen control now preserves center.
- There is no longer any need to trigger the
How to opt-out (until August 2018)
The previous renderer remains available in version 3.31 of the
tag that loads the API. Add the following parameter:
script tag should now look similar to the following
Read more about versions here.
How to provide feedback
Report a bug or feature request on the issue tracker.
is not synchronized with the map animation?
- Custom markers must be drawn during the
draw()method. This is called on each animation frame.
- Custom markers position must be calculated using the projection's
fromLatLngToDivPixel()method. Note that the scale may be non-integer during a zoom animation.
- See the custom popup sample code.