You're all set!
Billing has been enabled for your selected project.
To enable billing, we'll guide you through the Google Cloud Platform Console to complete a few tasks:
- Create or choose a project
- Set up or choose your billing profile
- Enable billing on your project
The Geocoding API uses a pay-as-you-go pricing model.
How usage and billing work under the pay-as-you-go model
- The Google Maps Platform APIs are billed by SKU.
- Usage is tracked for each Product SKU, and an API may have more than one Product SKU.
- Cost is calculated by: SKU Usage x Price per each use.
- For each billing account, for qualifying Google Maps Platform SKUs, a $200 USD Google Maps Platform credit is available each month, and automatically applied to the qualifying SKUs.
See guide to understanding billing for more information.
Pricing for the Geocoding API
Under the pay-as-you-go pricing model, requests for the Geocoding API are billed using the SKU for Geocoding.
|MONTHLY VOLUME RANGE
(Price per REQUEST)
|0.005 USD per each
(5.00 USD per 1000)
|0.004 USD per each
(4.00 USD per 1000)
|Contact Sales for volume pricing|
Other Usage Limits
While you are no longer limited to a maximum number of requests per day (QPD), the following usage limits are still in place for the Geocoding API:
- 50 requests per second (QPS), calculated as the sum of client-side and server-side queries.
Manage Your Cost of Use
To manage your cost of use of the Google Maps Platform APIs, you can set daily limits to all requests to any billable API.
To view or change daily billable limits for the Geocoding API, do the following:
- Go to the Geocoding API Quotas page in the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- From the projects list, select a project.
- In the Requests section, on the Requests per day line, click the edit icon, then enter the preferred total billable daily quota, up to the limit (if any) specified by Google.
If your API usage reaches your billable limit on any given day, your application will not be able to access the API for the remainder of that day.
- Managing your billing accounts
- Modify a project's billing settings
- Viewing your cost trends with billing reports
- Setting budgets and alerts
- Capping API usage
- Optimization Guide for Google Maps Platform
- API Key Best Practices
Premium Plan Customers
As of November 1, 2018, Premium Plan customers can migrate to the Google Maps Platform pay-as- you-go pricing model once their current Premium Plan contract expires. Only contracts whose end date is November 1, 2018, or later, can migrate to Google Maps Platform. Contracts expiring prior to November 1, 2018 must be renewed on the Premium Plan. For more information, see the Maps Platform Migration Guide.
|Premium Plan Usage Limits|
Google Maps Platform Premium Plan customers:
* Default limit. Contact your Google Enterprise Sales Account Manager if you need a higher limit. Note that the client-side service offers Unlimited requests per second, per project.
Additional benefits of a Premium plan:
See the Premium Plan guide for more info.
Note: These limits apply to the Geocoding API service, whether used for server-side geocoding or client-side. Client-side and server-side requests consume quota from the server-side equivalent API. If you are geocoding data in response to user input on the web, or on a mobile device, consider using client side geocoding.
These limits are enforced to prevent abuse and/or repurposing of the Geocoding API, and may be changed in the future without notice. Additionally, we enforce a request rate limit to prevent abuse of the service. If you exceed the per-day limit or otherwise abuse the service, the Geocoding API may stop working for you temporarily. If you continue to exceed this limit, your access to the Geocoding API may be blocked.