This page specifies the general and feature-specific policies for implementing payment on Reserve with Google. To ensure a consistent experience for consumers, merchants, and partners using Reserve with Google, inventory requiring payment must adhere to the appropriate guidelines. Failure to adhere to these policies will lead to suspension of your integration.
These policies apply to all payments transactions and inventory on Reserve with Google:
- No charges should be made to a user that are not explicitly agreed to at
checkout, as articulated via our
payments configuration process.
- Payment terms contained within the linked Terms of Service page do not satisfy this requirement.
- For in-person services, all payments must occur at the time of booking or in-person only. Solicitation of payment by any other means is strictly prohibited.
- The amount charged to a user must be the same amount specified in the terms of the transaction.
- The transaction must be displayed and charged in the currency of the location of the merchant (currency is specified via the payments configuration process). No currency conversions may take place.
- Payment tokens cannot be used to support charges for other transactions or purposes.
- No instrument other than the token created for this transaction and sent to you by Google can be used for these charges.
- If the acquiring bank for your transactions is subject to PSD2, you must implement 3DS1 or 3DS2 for those transactions when supported by Reserve with Google and your payment processor.
- If the service requires pre-payments, no show fees, and/or deposits, service
cancellation_policydefinition is mandatory.
No Show Fee
The following policies apply to inventory and transactions using the no show fee feature:
- No show fees for late cancellations must only be charged if a user
cancels after the
no-charge cancellation window specified for that booking.
- If no cancellation window is specified for a booking, the default cancellation window ends at the start of the reservation.
- Google must be informed via a real-time update if a user is charged a no show fee.
The following policies apply to inventory and transactions using the deposit feature:
- Deposits should not be used to pay the full price of a service. Prepayment should be used for this function.
- If a user cancels before the end of the
no-charge cancellation window specified for that deposit, then:
- Their deposit must be refunded or not charged.
- If the booking is cancelled outside of Reserve with Google, Google must be informed via a real-time update.
The following policies apply to inventory and transactions using the prepayment feature:
cancellation policy is defined for all prepayment bookings.
- If no cancellation policy is specified, then bookings default to non-refundable
- If a user cancels in a timeframe eligible for a refund (as defined by the
cancellation policy for that booking), then:
- Their prepayment must be refunded as defined by that cancellation policy.
- If the booking is cancelled outside of Reserve with Google, Google must be informed if a refund took place or not via a real-time update.
Credit Card Required
The following policies apply to inventory and transactions using the credit-card-required feature:
- No charges should be made to the user for any credit-card-required transactions.