Release notes for the latest release can be found here.
Version 5.0.1 (beta) - latest
- List item context clicks - a bug causing list item context clicks to fail in some cases has been fixed.
Version 5.0.1 (beta) - May 20, 2010
- Parameterized tool items - tool items that have an
ParameterizedCommandcan now be located with the
- TreeItem check selections - a bug preventing proper
check state event notification from occurring in
CheckboxTreeViewertrees has been fixed.
Version 5.0.1 (beta) - May 12, 2010
- TreeItem check selections - a bug causing the
WT.CHECKmodifier mask set in the
TreeItemLocatorconstructor to be ignored at runtime has now been fixed.
- JLabels in tooltips -
JLabelwidgets in tooltips can now be reliably found by the Swing runtime.
Version 5.0.1 (beta) - April 30, 2010
- Playback delay settings - playback delay settings specified in the Playback preferences page were being ignored by the runtime; this has now been fixed.
Version 5.0.1 (beta) - April 20, 2010
- International KeyBoard Support - is now working for all the supported language/keyboards.
Version 5.0.1 (beta) - April 14, 2010
- Pull down menu item index state assertions - the index
of a menu item in its parent menu can now be asserted on pull down
menu items. For example,
ui.assertThat(new PullDownMenuItemLocator("Layout", new ViewLocator("org.eclipse.debug.ui.ExpressionView")).hasIndex(0))
Version 5.0.1 (beta) - April 8, 2010
- Pull down menu item state assertions - enablement and
selection state can now be asserted on pull down menu items. For
ui.assertThat(new PullDownMenuItemLocator("Deselect Default Working Set", new ViewLocator("org.eclipse.debug.ui.BreakpointView")).isEnabled(false))and
ui.assertThat(new PullDownMenuItemLocator("Layout/Vertical View Orientation", new ViewLocator("org.eclipse.debug.ui.ExpressionView")).isSelected())respectively.
- Named combo support - Combo items contained in named
Combowidgets are being properly resolved.
- Tree item context click reveal support - tree item context click selections have been fixed to properly scroll to expose the target of the context click.
- Combo item recording - a bug causing recording combo selections to hang the recorder has been fixed.
Version 4.0.1 (beta) - January 29, 2010
- Swing Key Entry Support - fixed keyclicks with modifiers and characters.
Version 4.0.1 (beta) - January 11, 2010
- Recorder dialog button toggle state - button enablement state now (again) correctly tracks recorder state.
Version 4.0.1 (beta) - December 3, 2009
- Swedish Keyboard Support - fixed the keymap for the ä and Ä character entries.
- Embedded Swing Runtime Support - fixed finder to look for Windows specific implementation of embedded swing frames.
Version 4.0.1 (beta) - November 19, 2009
- Keyboard Support - fixed the en_US keymap to display the appropriate characters.
Version 4.0.1 (beta) - November 9, 2009
- Combo Item Selections - a number of fixes have been made
to combo selections:
- combo selection now ensure the SWT.Selection event is dispatched to all event listeners.
- selection and event dispatch are done asynchronously to guard against deadlock in case a listener needs access to the display thread.
- Named Tool Item Enablement - enablement assertions for named tool items have been fixed.
Version 3.9.1 (beta) - internal
- ContributedToolItems - the
ContributedToolItemLocatornow supports ToolItems added via command contributions.
Version 3.9.1 (beta) - September 22, 2009
- TableCellLocator column header support - the
TableCellLocatornow supports clicks on Table column headers.
- Improved embedded Swing locator handling - swing locators can now be used directly within an SWT UI context to handle Swing widgets that are embedded in an SWT application.
- Assertion API for Swing locators - The following assertion API are supported for the Swing Locators – HasText, IsEnabled, IsSelected, HasFocus and IsVisible.
- Combo Item selection issues - combo selection logic has improved to handle dynamic combos.
Version 3.9.1 (beta) - September 7, 2009
- JSE-1.5.0 - WindowTester Pro is being moved to leverage Java5; as a first step, execution environments have been updated to JSE-1.5.0.
- Runtime performance fixes - performance has been optimized in a number of places to address severe performance issues seen with eclipse 3.5 on systems with hyper-threading enabled.
- Opening perspectives - WindowTester Pro will now correctly open perspectives in the same window (instead of spawning a new one).
- Internal and nested classes - Added Swing recorder and runtime support for internal and nested class.
- Cocoa menu bar fonts - menu bar font sizes are now calculated based on the primary monitor’s screen resolution fixing some menu item selection issues on high resolution displays.
- Preliminary 64 bit cocoa support - initial steps have been taken to support 64 bit cocoa.
Version 3.9.1 (beta) - August 13, 2009
- Hyperlink recording - SWT hyperlink identification in the recorder has been improved.
- Link recording - SWT link identification in the recorder has been improved.
- TableItem selection state assertions - selection state tests were not always accurate and have now been fixed.
- View Menu Recording - view menu selections are now properly handled by the recorder.
- Recorder UI improvements a number of refinements have
been made to the recorder console:
- a recorder configuration (launcher) tool item has been added to the view toolbar.
- keystrokes are now presented as strings (where appropriate) rather than individual keystrokes (e.g., “Foo” entered rather than the sequence ‘F’ pressed, ‘o’ pressed, ‘o’ pressed).
- events can now be deleted from the sequence using the DELETE key.
- a special page is presented when there is no active recording with pointers to help launch new recordings.
Version 3.9.1 (beta) - July 30, 2009
- Linux threading bug - sometimes a deadlock would be reached when a mouse click occurred; this has now been fixed.
- Assertions on combo items - the Combo (and CCombo) item
trueto isVisible if the list could be found, now
trueis returned only if the item itself is found in the list.
- Assertions on list items - the List item locator
trueto isVisible if the list could be found, now
trueis returned only if the item itself is found in the list.
- Assertions on tool item buttons - for some tool item
buttons, isEnabled always returned
trueif the tool item could be found, now
trueis returned only if the button widget is enabled.
- Linux tree expansion fix - the correct key is now used to expand tree items in Linux that have a tool tip or cell editor.
Version 3.9.1 (beta) - July 17, 2009
- WizardPageLocator API - API has been added for wizard
com.windowtester.runtime.swt.locator.jface.WizardPageLocator); an existing internal class (
com.windowtester.runtime.swt.internal.locator.jface.WizardPageLocator) has been deprecated in favor of the new API.
- Circular dependency removed - a fragment contributed by WindowTester Pro code coverage functionality was introducing a bundle dependency cycle; this cycle has now been removed.
- (Post context click) menu recording fix - a bug affecting the recording of top-level menu selections immediately after a context selection has been fixed.
- Codegen fix for tests with no setup handlers - tests generated with no setup handlers selected were causing errors to get reported to the log; this has now been fixed.
Version 3.8.1 (beta) - Internal Release
- Figure Locator Runtime fixes - interactions with figures
that have no
EditDomainassociated were causing internal exceptions. These have now been fixed.
- SWT Widget Locator Link text matching fixed - text
Linkwidgets was not being properly matched by
- SWT Combo Item selection fixes -
Combowidgets are now tested for enablement before selection is attempted. This remedies issues where unexpected results were produced when interacting with disabled combos.
Version 3.8.1 (beta) - May 18, 2009
- ContributedToolItemLocator - Fixed for clicks on Contributed tool items in property pages.
Version 3.8.1 (beta) - May 7, 2009
- Target Provisioner GEF Support - The New WindowTester Pro Target Provisioner wizard has been improved to optionally allow the addition of WindowTester Pro GEF support bundles to the created target provisioner.
- Class Name Based Locators -
SwingWidgetLocatorinstances can now be constructed using class names (rather than only
Classinstances). This works-around cases where a
Classis not visible to the test project.
- Turkish Keyboard support - Runtime support for the Turkish Q keyboard has been added.
- SWTIdleCondition Fixes for Linux - The
SWTIdleConditionwas prone to deadlocks in some rare cases in Linux; this issue has now been fixed.
- Widget Selection Fixes for Linux - Widget selections were prone to deadlocks in some rare cases in Linux; this issue has now been fixed.
- JListLocator - fixed to work with list elements which have a “/”.
Version 3.8.1 (beta) - April 30, 2009
- GEF Runtime Docs Improved - New GEF Runtime documentation has been added to the Programmer’s Guide.
- Swing Runtime Drag and Drop - Drag and drop support has been added to the Swing runtime.
- OS X Tree Check Fixes - Tree check selections have been fixed for OS X.
- Button Identification Fixes - The recorder was
misidentifying buttons in labeled composites with
LabeledLocatormatchers (instead of
ButtonLocatorinstances); this has now been fixed.
- TableCellLocator Column Index Validation Fixes - The column index starts from 1 for the first column and so on. If a column index of 0 is used, an exception is thrown indicating invalid column index.
- Workbench Focus Condition Handling - The focus forcing
condition handler (as used in calls such as
ui.ensureThat(workbench().hasFocus())) has been fixed.
Version 3.8.1 (beta) - April 20, 2009
- View Condition Handling - Showing and Closed condition
handlers have been implemented for views allowing one to write
expressions such as
- Perspective Condition Handling - Active and Closed
condition handlers have been implemented for perspectives allowing
one to write expressions such as
- Context Menu Selection Fixes (OS X) - Fixes were made to address issues with context menu selections on OS X.
- NamedWidgetLocator Fixes -
NamedWidgetLocatorinstances parameterized with a class were not respecting the class in their matching. This has now been fixed.
Version 3.7.1 (beta) - March 25, 2009
- View Closed Condition Handling - View locators can now
be used to create condition handlers that ensure that views are
ui.ensureThat(new ViewLocator(..).isClosed());). This comes in handy, particularly, in the RCP case where the “Welcome” page needs to be dismissed.
- Workbench Focus Condition Handling - A new workbench
locator can now be used to a create condition handler that ensures
that the workbench has focus (e.g.,
- Welcome View Condition Handling (Recorder) - The
recorder can now generate test
setUplogic that ensure that the “Welcome” page is closed before proceeding with the test.
- Custom Base Test Selection - At test creation time, users can now select user-defined custom base tests for generated test classes to extend.
- Swing UI Context mouseMove Support - The Swing
IUIContext.mouseMove(..)has been fixed.
Version 3.7.1 (beta) - February 20, 2009
- IUIContext.ensureThat(..) Implemented - UI contexts now
- Menu Tracking on Mac OS X - A bug in our menu tracking strategy was fixed to better handle cascading menus on OS X.
Version 3.7.1 (beta) - February 3, 2009
- Linux Stability Issues - A number of linux stability issues have been addressed.
- Embedded Swing Components - The Swing widget finder has been improved to handle AWT/Swing components that are embedded in SWT Controls.
Version 3.6.1 (beta) - December 20, 2008
- API Quick Reference Card - A new API Quick Reference Card has been added to the documentation.
Version 3.6.1 (beta) - December 15, 2008
- Programmer’s Guide - A new programmer’s guide has been added to the product documentation. The guide will be evolving over the next few beta releases.
- Compound Keystroke Dispatch Fixes - Certain compound
WT.SHIFT|WT.ARROW_RIGHT) were not being posted properly on some machines. A fix has been introduced to make this dispatch more reliable.
Version 3.6.1 (beta) - November 25, 2008
- API for easy access to UI Context ConditionMonitor - The
IUContextnow provides a convenience method (
getCondtionMonitor()) whereby the current Condition Monitor instance can be accessed.
- ComboLocator - A new
ComboLocatorhas been introduced that can be used to conveniently assert
- XY calculation in figure dragTo operations - The XY offset of figure drag operations was wrongly being calculated from the target figure’s center. This has now been fixed to be based on the (expected) top left corner.
- Legacy API Migration - Legacy API consolidation and migration has begun. See this document for more details.
Version 3.6.1 (beta) - November 17, 2008
- TreeItemLocator improvements -
HasTextand provides a
hasText(..)condition factory method.
- TreeCellLocator fixes - A bug preventing qualified locators (e.g., cells in views) from being properly constructed has been fixed.
- Bundle Infrastructure updates - In order to take advantage of OSGi bundle management best practice, we have begun the process of creating (and migrating to) bundle manifests for all the WindowTester Pro bundles. Note: API clients should not be affected by this move. Please let us know if you are!
- Javaodc fixes - Due to malformed html in a package description, the API Summary doc was not being properly built; this has now been fixed.
Notes for previous release betas are archived here.