In which markets is Book on Google available?
|IN||India (Paymentless rates only)|
Why is Google offering Book on Google?
Google launched Book on Google to make the hotel research and booking process seamless for consumers. This new feature also drives highly qualified leads to hotel partners.
How will the Hotel Ads auction and reporting be impacted?
The existing Hotel Ads auction and booking module are not impacted.
Does this impact how partners rank in the existing Hotel Ads booking module?
Is the entire booking process done within Google’s site?
How is customer payment data captured and sent to the client?
Google obtains all the credit card information, some of which may have been previously saved to a user's Google Pay account and loaded if they are signed in. The raw payment data is sent to the partner over an HTTPS connection.
What customer Personal Identifiable Information (PII) data does Google obtain?
Google obtains customer PII, including the payments data and guest details (first and last name, email address, phone number, and cardholder billing address). This information is also passed to the partner to complete the booking.
Who sends the user a confirmation email?
Google sends a confirmation email to the user. Partners may also send their confirmation email. The email contains information about the reservation, including the partner and the hotel, check-in and checkout dates/times, confirmation number/manage reservation link, guest name, room type, occupancy, price breakdown, rate description, and cancellation policy.
How can partners track conversions?
Conversions show up in Google Ads with a conversion action name of "hotels_book_on_google". Partners can also track conversions themselves through their booking API.
What are the possible integration options for a new partner?
- Google encourages partners to integrate directly via our Standard API.
- Partners can integrate via a supported Integration Provider.
- Partners can integrate directly (using a custom API integration) with product approval.
What do I need to expand into new markets?
- Point of Sale.
- Capability to process payments in local currency.
- Localization. Localization capabilities on availability and booking API
requests in each market.
- Localized room names.
- Localized room descriptions.
- Local Customer Experience.
- Localized self-service and/or telephone support for reservation changes or customer support after booking.