Using the API requires the following steps:
- Request access to the Hire API
- Authorize Requests
- Create/Select GCP project
- Enable the Hire API in the GCP project
- Create OAuth Client Credentials
- Make API calls
The sections below walk you through this process.
Request Access to the Hire API
The Hire API is in beta and access is limited. Hire customers can request access by completing the steps below:
- Have your G Suite Admin sign the Google Cloud Pre-General Availability Program Agreement (PAPA) and Customer Enrollment Form, which gives your company access to beta features.
- Fill out the Hire API Access Request Form. The Hire support team will review the request and respond when access has been granted. Access is not guaranteed at this time.
Review the API Reference which documents the REST resources and operations.
Google recommends using published client libraries to simplify API calls and OAuth login and token management. See the Hire API Libraries.