Before you can use an add-on, you must install it. This page describes how to see Gmail add-ons you have installed, install new ones, and uninstall add-ons you no longer need.
View your installed Gmail add-ons
Gmail add-ons you have already installed present icons in the right panel of the Gmail UI. You can also see the add-ons you have installed in the Gmail Add-ons settings page of your account, under Installed add-ons. Click Manage to open a dialog that presents the G Suite Marketplace listings for you installed add-ons.
Alternatively, you can see all the G Suite Marketplace apps (including Gmail add-on) you have installed in the G Suite Marketplace Manage apps page.
Installing published Gmail add-ons
You can locate Gmail add-ons to install in a few ways:
- You can install a Gmail add-on directly from the G Suite Marketplace. All available Gmail add-ons are listed under the Works with Gmail category. To install, click on the add-on you want, review its listing, and click Install.
- You can install a Gmail add-on from with Gmail. Click the icon that appears at the bottom of the add-on icon column to the right of the Gmail interface. This opens a dialog that presents available Gmail add-ons listed in the G Suite Marketplace. Click the add-on you want, review its listing, and then click Install.
- You can install a Gmail add-on from the Gmail Add-on settings page. Click the Get add-ons link to open a dialog that presents Gmail add-on Marketplace listings. Click the add-on you want, review its listing, and then click Install.
Regardless of the method you use, after clicking the Install button you are asked to authorize the add-on for use.
Uninstalling Gmail add-ons
To uninstall a Gmail add-on, do the following:
- Follow the above steps to view your installed add-ons.
- Locate the add-on you wish to uninstall and click the icon next to its name.
- From the resulting drop down menu, click Remove.
- Click REMOVE APP to confirm the removal of the add-on.
You can re-install any removed add-on later by following the above installation instructions.
Administrating add-on use for a domain
Domain administrators can install, authorize, control, and remove Gmail add-ons for users in their domain. Published Gmail add-ons have associated G Suite Marketplace store listings and are treated as any other G Suite Marketplace app.
The following help center articles explain how to administer add-on use in a domain: