There are several ways to get help with your app, depending on the issue. This page provides information on the support options and resources available.
If you have been able to determine that the cause of a problem is an issue with Google Play Games Services itself, you can report it or search for existing reports on the Google Play Games Services Public Issue Tracker:
Google Play Console
For questions about Play Games Services configuration in the Google Play Console, get help and support at Play Console Help.
Help and Community
Ask questions and get help from the developer community on Stack Overflow by using the
GitHub sample apps
To report an issue with a Play Games Services sample app, go to the sample repo on Github to file the issue.
When reporting bugs ensure you include the following information in your bug description:
- A clear and concise description of what the bug is
- Steps to reproduce the behavior
- A clear and concise description of what you expected to happen
- A clear and concise description of what you observed
- Capture a bug report and share the Google Drive link. If the bug report contains sensitive information, then make it private and only give access to requests from @google.com accounts.
- Add screenshots to help explain your problem if applicable
- To learn how to use the Android logging system see Reading and Writing Logs