The Fusion Tables team regularly updates the Fusion Tables API with new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements. Updates are listed by date.
April 12, 2012
- Fusion Tables API 1.0 has revised its requests quota to 25000 requests per project, with write methods counting for 5 requests and read methods counting for 1 request.
March 23, 2012
- Fusion Tables API 1.0 has added support for the querying and managing of rows using SQL statements. See the revised "Getting Started" and "Using the API" documentation for details. Developers can choose either .csv or .json as the format for returned data.
March 8, 2012
- Fusion Tables has dropped support for the numeric table ids in Table API V1. Requests to and responses from the Table API will now only accept and return encrypted table ids. This means anywhere a table id is used in the Table API, the encrypted table id must be provided instead of the numeric table id (example: requesting the styles of a table). Any time a table id is returned from the Table API, the encrypted table id will be returned instead of the numeric table id (examples: creating a table, listing tables). The Trusted Testers API Users Group announcement provides some examples of how this may affect your code.
Jan 26, 2012
- Fusion Tables documentation has been moved to the Google Developer site.
- When invalid or no credentials are presented for a private table, the HTTP status code will now be 401 (Login Required) with a valid WWW-Authenticate response header.
- When valid credentials are presented for a private table, but permission is denied, the HTTP status will now be 403 (Forbidden).
Jan 12th, 2012
- Major revision of error messages to provide more meaningful information.
- Fusion Tables now uses encrypted table IDs and numeric table IDs are deprecated.
- Both the encrypted and numeric table IDs are displayed when you choose the File > About command in the Fusion Tables UI.
Aug 16th, 2011
- Addition of API access to table metadata and columns.
totalItemsfield added to lists. For an example, please see the Fusion Tables style list.
- API name changed from Info Window & Styling API to Table API.
July 14th, 2011
- Fixed incorrect authentication handling for public tables.
- The tableId field is no longer required in the body of insert and update requests. If provided, it will be ignored. Only the tableid in the URL will be used.
June 23rd, 2011
- Fixed incorrect exception handling for delete methods.