The Fusion Tables team regularly updates the Fusion Tables API with new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements. Updates are listed by date.
Aug 2, 2012
- The new API now supports creating views and merged tables.
- The response to SQL UPDATE and DELETE requests now reports the number of rows affected by the request.
June 26, 2012The SQL API has been deprecated and replaced with the new Table API.
Feb 2, 2012
- When invalid or no credentials are presented for a private table, the HTTP status code will now be 401 (Login Required) with a valid WWW-Authenticate response header.
- When valid credentials are presented for a private table, but permission is denied, the HTTP status will now be 403 (Forbidden).
- If there is an error, the content type will be "text/plain; charset=UTF-8" and the content disposition will be "attachment; filename=\"error.txt\"". For csv requests, the content type is unchanged (it was also text/UTF-8 before), but now the error message will be given as a downloaded file named error.txt.
Jan 26, 2012
- Fusion Tables documentation has been moved to the Google Developer site.
Issue 1041: The LinearRing element of KML is no longer removed when
performing a SELECT query such as:
<Polygon><outerBoundaryIs><LinearRing><coordinates>-122.2,35.0,0 ... </coordinates></LinearRing></outerBoundaryIs></Polygon>
Jan 12, 2012
- The numeric table id is deprecated. You can use the
encidparameter with SHOW TABLES, CREATE TABLE, and CREATE VIEW statements to get the encrypted IDs in the results.
- Both the encrypted and numeric table IDs are displayed when you choose the File > About command in the Fusion Tables UI.
Jan 5, 2012
- Fusion Tables Styles in the Google Maps API now accepts column
names with a dollar sign ($) when used in the
wherefield of the style object.
- Bounding box queries now correctly return results when the box spans the international date line. (Related bug: http://code.google.com/p/fusion-tables/issues/detail?id=650)
- The Fusion Tables API now responds with a 200 HTTP response code
and an empty result when no rows are returned from a SELECT query and
hdrsparam is set to false. The API previously responded with a 404 HTTP response code.
- The Fusion Tables API now responds with a 400 HTTP response code to queries against non-existent tables. The API previously responded with a 500 HTTP response code.
Dec 12, 2011
- SELECT queries on base tables that specify a non-numeric Row ID. Since Row IDs are numbers in base tables, but strings in merged tables, such a query to a base table has resulted in a 500 error code. The Fusion Tables API will now return a 200 OK status code with an empty result set.
Nov 3, 2011
- Queries to private tables that do not include an Authorization header will return a 401 error.
- Malformed queries will return a 400 error.
- When sorting on a column with duplicate values, the order of results is now consistent across multiple queries.
Oct 20, 2011
- Table API scope (https://www.googleapis.com/auth/fusiontables) is now accepted in the Fusion Tables SQL API.