What is Flutter Interact?
Flutter Interact is a day-long event where we will showcase the latest from Flutter and focus on creating beautiful experiences across devices. Flutter product and engineering teams will gather with the wider community to create and collaborate on innovative design, share the latest news and updates, and answer your questions.
When and Where is Flutter Interact 2019?
Flutter Interact takes place on 11 December 2019.
This event is tailored to a global audience and will be interactive regardless of where in the world you are attending: via livestream on the website, on-demand via YouTube, or on site at BKLYN Studios Event Space 445 Albee Square W, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
What's more, we’re working with communities across the globe to host viewing parties where you can join your peers to experience the latest from Flutter. Join one of these meetups in your own city or consider hosting a viewing party. Both in-person and livestream attendees will hear about updates, receive guidance, developer tooling, inspiration, case-studies, and opportunities for increased reach and engagement with Flutter and Google at large.
Will the sessions be livestreamed? What if I can’t follow the event in real time?
We are pleased to announce that the full event will livestream directly from the Flutter Interact website on December 11, starting at 9:00 a.m. EST (UTC-5). The livestream offers a live broadcast experience featuring the conference keynote and full coverage of all sessions as they happen. If you are busy at work or need to work around a tricky time difference, you can watch the session recordings after the event on the YouTube channel or the website.
How can I find a viewing party?
Flutter Interact viewing parties are organized by local developer communities around the world to watch the livestream or YouTube videos in a meetup-style forum. Meet other developers, participate in discussions, and interact more by attending one of these virtual events. Visit our viewing parties web page to find a meetup in your own city.
How can I stay Informed?
For the latest information about sessions, speakers, and activities, please visit the Flutter Interact website, follow us on @FlutterDev on Twitter, and sign up for event updates. You can also follow and join the social conversation about the event using the official #FlutterInteract hashtag. In addition, we'll be emailing important information to all accepted applicants, along with check-in instructions prior to the event.
Have you ever wanted to ask the Flutter team a question? Maybe you want more detail about a topic, or you are wondering how to use a particular feature? At Flutter Interact, we will host special #AskFlutter segments between sessions for our remote viewers.
Follow @FlutterDev on Twitter and tweet us your best #AskFlutter questions in the lead-up to the summit to post your questions. Then, tune into the livestream where the Flutter team will answer questions live from the event. Who knows, you just might get your question answered on air!
Is there a Code of Conduct for the event?
Attendees, please review our Community Guidelines to ensure that Flutter Interact is a harassment-free and inclusive event experience for everyone. At Flutter Interact, we take our Community Guidelines seriously, and all attendees, speakers, and staff at our event are required to agree to these guidelines. If you have any questions, please contact Flutteremail@example.com.
What can I expect?
Throughout the event, in-person attendees can participate by attending sessions, viewing demos, visiting the sandbox, getting hands-on experience with codelabs, and chatting with the Flutter team and community.
Engaging Sessions in the BKLYN Studios Event Space
Learn directly from the Flutter product engineering teams about the latest innovations and updates through deep technical sessions, demos, and fun interactive experiences.
Hands-on Learning in the Sandbox
Actively explore the latest Flutter tools and technologies via interactive demos, and hands-on learning with Flutter staff who will be on hand to lend guidance and tips on your specific projects.
We’ll also have representatives from our Flutter friends joining us to talk about their vision for their respective products and discuss how we’re working together to design beautiful things.
How can I register for Flutter Interact?
Registration for in-person attendance closed on November 12 but you can join the waitlist in case a spot opens up. But, remember that Flutter Interact is focused toward our remote audience, and we encourage you to attend via the livestream. No registration is required for the livestream, you simply need to tune in during the event to watch the sessions and exclusive livestream content. You can also attend a viewing party local to you that will be posted on the website. Sign up here for updates.
How much does it cost to attend Flutter Interact?
Tickets to Flutter Interact are offered at no charge!
Where is my ticket?
You should have received an email with your confirmation code. We will have your badge ready at the registration desk when you arrive. At check-in, we must see your government-issued photo ID prior to assigning you an event badge.
Note: If you apply for an invitation to attend Flutter Interact and do not receive a confirmation email, then you will be added to the waiting list. You will receive a confirmation email if a spot opens up.
Can I edit my registration after I’ve submitted it?
Yes. Attendees can edit their info by going directly to the registration website until the registration is closed or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also edit your registration form after you’ve submitted it using the link in your confirmation email.
I am a confirmed attendee to the summit, but now I am unable to attend. Should I cancel my registration?
Yes. If you can no longer attend, please update your RSVP here. Login, click Manage your registration & details, and cancel your registration. Doing so opens your spot to others on the waitlist. Remember that you can still join us on the livestream via the Flutter Interact website!
What are the registration terms & conditions?
- Each individual may reserve only one ticket, which allows admission to the event.
- You may not register on behalf of anyone else.
- Flutter Interact tickets must be used by the original registrant and are non transferable.
- By registering and accepting any discounts, gifts, or items of value related to Flutter Interact, you certify that you are able to do so in compliance with applicable laws and your own organization’s code of conduct.
- Tickets may not be sold, bartered, auctioned, or transferred in any way and doing so may result in Google rendering the ticket null and void, without any responsibility to Google.
- At check-in, we’ll check your photo ID prior to assigning your event badge. We're OK with government issued licenses, passports, and other forms of identification. If you don’t have proper identification, you won’t receive a badge or gain admittance to the event.
- Attendees must be at least 15 years of age to attend Flutter Interact unaccompanied. All attendees under 18 years of age must return a signed parental/guardian consent form in advance of the event. Please contact Flutteremail@example.com to obtain and submit a consent form prior to attending the event.
- Attendees cannot bring guests to Flutter Interact. If you have someone traveling with you, then they must apply to attend themselves and, if accepted, have their own attendee ticket.
- Photographs and/or video taken at Flutter Interact by Google, or others on behalf of Google, may include your image or likeness. You agree that Google may use such photographs and/or video for any purpose without compensation to you.
- All information entered into the registration form must be correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge. All information must be entered in English. Some of the information provided (such as name and company), may be included on Flutter Interact badge.
- Badges may contain NFC, BLE, or other RFID technologies to help us serve attendees and determine participation in various sessions and activities.
- All applicants agree to allow Google to contact them regarding their application and attendance at the event. By applying for a ticket, you agree to allow Google to communicate with you via email to send information regarding the event.
- Attendance is not allowed by the following: residents of embargoed countries; individuals ordinarily resident in embargoed countries; or individuals otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs.
- You agree to be solely responsible for your own safety, belongings and well-being while participating in Flutter Interact. Google LLC and its affiliates won't be liable for your participation in this event.
- Applicants and attendees can request the deletion of their registration data after the event ends by emailing Flutterfirstname.lastname@example.org.
More registration details
- Please make sure the name you use on your application matches the government-issued photo ID you’ll be presenting when you check in to the event.
- Registration for this event includes access to all sessions, product demos, admission to the Social Hour, and attendance at the keynotes. We also provide complimentary breakfast, lunch, and snacks. In addition, attendees receive an event badge and may be offered additional gifts. If you aren’t sure whether the professional guidelines for your school, university, organization, or agency allows you to accept these items, please check with your local ethics officer before the event. The food and gifts are optional, so it might be possible to attend the event even if you cannot accept any giveaways.
- If you aren’t a resident of the United States, then check with your local government to determine the required documents and arrangements needed for your travel. Google cannot contact an embassy on your behalf.
I require a visa support letter. How can I get one?
We can provide visa support letters to confirmed attendees. If you are confirmed to attend, then please follow up with us by emailing Flutteremail@example.com and we will be happy to provide you with a visa support letter at that time.
What hotels are near the venue?
How do I get to BKLYN Studios?
- DeKalb Avenue Station (on-site), lines B, D, N, Q, and R
- Hoyt Street Station, lines 2 and 3
- Nevins Street, lines 4 and 5
- Hoyt-Schermerhorn Street, lines A, C and G
For detailed directions, visit http://web.mta.info/maps/submap.html
Where can I park my car?
These parking lots are near BKLYN Studios
Can I get help paying for my travel and hotel?
Flutter Interact is a free event, and we will be providing breakfast and lunch during the event. However, you are responsible for any costs associated with traveling to the event venue in Brooklyn, NY as well as any hotel expenses.
Is a trip scholarship or a travel grant available?
Unfortunately, there are no travel grants or scholarships available at this time for Flutter Interact attendees. Tickets to Flutter Interact are complementary and attendees are responsible for making arrangements and covering any costs associated with traveling to the event venue in Brooklyn, NY, as well as any hotel expenses.
Where and when can I pick up my attendee badge?
Badge pickup will be available starting at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, 11 December. Staff will be on hand at the help desk to assist you with questions throughout the event.
Make sure to bring your government-issued photo ID along with your registration confirmation email, as we’ll need to verify it prior to assigning your badge for this event. We’re OK with government issued licenses, passports, and other forms of identification. If you don’t have proper identification, you won’t receive an attendee badge and won’t be admitted into the summit. Attendees can edit their info by going directly to the registration website.
Can I reserve seats ahead of the event?
No. Seats to the keynote and sessions are available on a first-come, first-served basis. So make sure to arrive early at the event!
Can a friend or coworker use my badge?
You may not share, give, or otherwise provide your event badge to anyone. Attendee badges aren’t replaceable, so don't lose yours or you won’t be readmitted to the conference. You must wear your badge to gain admission to this event, including the sessions, codelabs, and the Social Hour. If requested by security, please display or provide additional identification. Badges may include your name and company or organization (if provided).
Can I bring someone else with me to the conference?
Attendees cannot bring guests to Flutter Interact or to the Social Hour Party. If someone is traveling with you, then they must apply to attend and, if accepted, have their own attendee ticket.
Will sessions be in English?
All presentations are in English and will be live captioned.
Will food be served?
All meals will be served in BKLYN Studios on December 11th. The Flutter Interact Social Hour will take place on December 11th and passed small plates and beverages will be available, including beer, wine and soft drinks.
Should you have any special dietary requirements or allergies please let us know before December 1st by emailing Flutterfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Allergy Note: All food is produced in a commercial commissary kitchen that processes eggs, dairy, tree nuts and other allergens. We take allergies very seriously and trace amounts of these ingredients may occur. Those with food allergies should provide their own meals.
The Social Hour sounds like fun. Should I go?
All registered attendees are invited to the Social Hour on the evening of 11 December at BKLYN Studios. Your attendee badge is required for entrance. Please join us for food, drinks, music, and more. Alcoholic beverages will be available for those 21 years of age and over. A night you don’t want to miss!
What should I wear?
The event will be held indoors.There is no enforced dress code, so please be comfortable and casual. There will be a free coat check available near registration for your convenience.
Can I promote my business or cause at the summit?
No promotion, soliciting for any cause, lobbying, or selling of items or services is allowed at this event. Any attendee conducting these activities may be removed from the event.
If I lose something on site, where can I find it?
For any lost and found items, please report to the information desk located near the entrance of the event.
Do you support parents attending Flutter Interact?
A mothers room will be provided, located in the foyer of BKLYN Studios. Please ask a member of staff at the registration or help desk for the location of the room.
Is on-site childcare available?
We do not offer childcare on site. However, we’re excited to offer child-care reimbursement for Flutter Interact! Children ages 12 years or younger are eligible. If you did not indicate interest on your registration form, please email us at Flutteremail@example.com by 29 November 2019. Due to limited availability, we might not be able to assist with all requests.
Can minors attend Flutter Interact?
Attendees must be at least 15 years of age to attend Flutter Interact unaccompanied. All attendees under 18 years of age must return a signed parental/guardian consent form in advance of the event. Please contact Flutterfirstname.lastname@example.org to obtain and submit a consent form prior to attending the event.
Is there a multifaith contemplation room available on site?
There will be a multifaith contemplation room on site throughout the event. Please ask the registration staff for information when you check in.
Is there a coat check room? Can I also check my luggage?
Coat check is available and located at the entrance to BKLYN Studios, off the main entrance foyer. After retrieving a badge and SWAG at registration, event staff will direct you to coat check. Coat checks are designated for coats, jackets and small bags. Large items such as luggage and suitcases are not allowed in the coat check area.
Will there be photography at Flutter Interact?
Yes. Photographs and video taken at Flutter Interact by Google, or others on behalf of Google, may include your image or likeness. By attending Flutter Interact, you agree that Google may use such photographs and/or video for any purpose without compensation to you.
Is the venue accessible?
Flutter Interact is meant to be inclusive and accessible to all attendees, including people with physical disabilities. We make sure that BKLYN Studios is an accessible venue. There is a ramp in the entryway of the venue. This venue is also one floor, so there is no need for elevators or accessibility to other floors during the duration of the event. Google also provides live captioning services. However, we are aware that accessibility issues are diverse and this might not cover everything.
Who can I contact for more information about accessibility?
We encourage participants with disabilities and/or special needs to provide details in the registration form or by emailing us at Flutteremail@example.com. This information will be kept private and distributed only to the individuals who need it to complete attendee requests. When you are on site at the summit and need assistance or have questions about accessibility, please ask a staff member at the help desk.