Welcome to Google Earth Engine: the most advanced cloud-based geospatial processing platform in the world! The purpose of Earth Engine is to:
- Perform highly-interactive algorithm development at global scale
- Push the edge of the envelope for big data in remote sensing
- Enable high-impact, data-driven science
- Make substantive progress on global challenges that involve large geospatial datasets
About Google Earth Engine
Google Earth Engine is a cloud-based platform for planetary-scale environmental data analysis. The main components of Earth Engine are:
- Datasets: A petabyte-scale archive of publicly available remotely sensed imagery and other data. Explore the data catalog.
- Compute power: Google’s computational infrastructure optimized for parallel processing of geospatial data. Learn more from Gorelick et al. (2017).