How it works
How Express Checkout hyperlinks work
You can create a hyperlink with the URL formatted for the Express Checkout flow. When a user follows that hyperlink they will be redirected to Google Domains, with a pre-populated domain search, or even directly to a cart for checkout if the domain is available.
A domain can be automatically configured with a set of DNS records that you specify. The customer is then taken back to your site, which allows you to select the appropriate next steps.
Google Domains provides domain configuration, management, and support for options such as WHOIS privacy, transfers, and DNS management. Customers can access these features at any time.
There are a number of advantages to integrating with Google Domains, including:
- Easily enable domain purchases on your site in a few steps.
- Payment and support operations are automatically handled by Google.
- Customer have a fast and seamless experience, with no need to touch any technical settings.
- These features are available to any customer with a Google or Gmail account with a billing address in a supported country.
- There are no additional charges for Whois privacy (select domains) or email forwarding.
- There are over 300 domain endings for customers to choose from.
- You can set a default list of top-level domains with the Express Checkout flow.
- Domains registered with Google Domains are automatically verified in Google Search Console, making it easier for customers to set up additional services, such as Google Cloud platform, Adwords, and Merchant Center.