Getting started with GCS is very simple:
- Register for Google Merchant Center to send in product feeds (which can be the same feeds that show in Google Product Search). You may already be sending in feeds: just search for your retail products or your URL on Product Search. Try the following query in Product Search to see if your items are already listed
- Visit the Google APIs console to obtain a API keys for Search and SAYT. Review the notes on Query API.
- Sign up for a Google Commerce Search trial account (contact our Sales Team).
- Verify the authentication requirement between your GCS instance and the Merchant center account.
- Enter your Merchant Center customer ID and API keys for Search and SAYT on the GCS Control panel.
- Optionally elect to opt-in and receive future non-advisory communications for upcoming features, surveys and newsletters.
- You can view the speed, relevancy and simplicity from the "Preview" tab of your GCS Control panel.
- Add Google Analytics product & search tracking code to your pages.
- Iteratively add in additional attributes and adjust ranking or facet rules as appropriate.
- For production, build out the server-based GCS implementation (could use the code samples here as a template).
- Set the
CommerceSearchUsecase for feeds.