Develop apps for Chrome Mobile browsers
Google provides three ways to run web content on mobile devices:
- Using Chrome Mobile for devices running Android 4.0 and later, and iOS.
- With the default Android browser, for devices running versions of Android earlier than 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
WebViewon a native Android application.
Chrome Mobile browser is the base WebKit browser implemented by both Google Chrome for Android and Apple Mobile Safari. There are differences in the implementations of each. See the following pages:
- Visit Google Play to install Chrome for Android or AppStore for Chrome for iOS.
- Read about Chrome for Android features to use in developing mobile web apps.
- Review the considerations for Chrome for iOS.
- Learn more about mobile web development on mobile HTML5 Rocks.
Debugging for Chrome for Android is as easy as debugging for desktop!
Read more about it in Remote Debugging.