message in Google Chat. You can
delete a message in the Google Chat API by calling
corresponding methods. To learn more about text and card messages, see
Google Chat messages overview.
The guides in this section explain how to do the following:
- Send a message to send a text or card message. Card messages are only available when using app authentication. You can also start or reply to a message thread.
- Get a message to get details about a message, like when it was sent or what it says.
- List messages to see a paginated, filterable list of messages in a space.
- Update a message to change message attributes, such as what it says. You can also append text to a card message, or a card to a text message.
- Delete a message when it's no longer needed.
To asynchronously send a message in a Chat space without a Chat app, set up a webhook.