An agent is a representation of a brand (and all the infrastructure that powers the representation) that users interact with on their devices.
As a registered partner, you can create Verified Calls agents, which let you use the Business Calls API and define the branding information displayed in conversations with users. When you register calls with Verified Calls, you call the API and associate the call with a particular agent.
For example, to make Verified Calls on behalf of the brand Growing Tree Bank, you create a Growing Tree Bank agent with Verified Calls. You use your partner credentials to authenticate API calls with Verified Calls and register or update calls as Growing Tree Bank, and the agent displays Growing Tree Bank's branding information on the user's call screen.
If you manage multiple brands, create a Verified Calls agent for each brand.
By default, Verified Calls contacts a brand to perform branding verification each time you create an agent. If you anticipate creating multiple agents and would prefer Google to contact the brand once for bulk branding verification, firstname.lastname@example.org..
Create an agent
To create an agent, you need to gather and submit information about the brand and how you want the agent to appear to users.
Before you can create an agent, you need to gather the some information:
- Partner name
- Partner ID
- Brand name
- Agent name, as you want it to appear to users (maximum 18 characters)
Agent logo (500x500 px PNG or SVG with clear or white (#ffffff) background), as a publicly available URL
Test your logo
Enter a URL for your logo to see how it would look to users.
List of phone numbers of the agent
List of call reasons for the agent. Call reasons must be generic, not contain any sensitive information or promotional material.
- Brand website
- Name and email for an employee of the brand the agent represents who can verify your business relationship with the brand and your authority to represent the brand
Create the agent
Once you've gathered your information, it's time to create your agent.
- Open the Business Communications Developer Console and sign in with your Verified Calls Google account.
- Click Create agent.
- If you're prompted for Agent type, choose Verified Calls.
- Enter values for Brand name and Agent name.
- For Agent logo, upload your logo or specify a publicly-accessible URL, crop as needed, click the checkmark to confirm, and Select to proceed to the next screen.
- Enter the agent's phone numbers and call reasons.
Enter the brand contact email, website, and your contact email.
Click Finish setup.
Your agent appears in the agent list but is unavailable. After the brand approves your agent information, your agent becomes available.
Update agent information
You can update agent call reasons and phone numbers directly from the console. However, to update the details under Agent Information, you'll need to contact email@example.com. Identify the agent and the information that you want to update, including the new values. After you submit the new information, it can take up to three business days to update the agent information.
Once you have created your agent, you can proceed to verify and launch the agent.