Beacons provide a high quality context signal that allows you to mark a particular place in the world, improving place detection. Google can use that signal to improve your business' presence on Google Maps.
Better place visit detection helps with:
- More accurate popular times.
- Getting more user reviews for your business.
- Getting more user photos for your business.
- More accurate AdWords Store Visits data (for eligible businesses).
Follow these steps to improve place visit detection using beacons:
- Obtain a beacon that broadcasts Eddystone-UID, Eddystone-EID, or iBeacon.
- Provision the beacon before installing it. You can use the Beacon Tools app available for Android and iOS to configure beacons that support Eddystone Universal Configuration. To configure other beacons, consult their manufacturer.
- Register the beacon with the ProximityBeacon API
- Add a valid
placeId. You may need to add a place first.
- Make sure to set
- Install the beacon at the place you’d like to label, up high and in a central location, for example on the ceiling in the middle of a room.