To run Open Bidder, you first need to set up some essential services that are described below.
Create a Google Cloud Platform project
To create a project, open the Google Developers Console and click Create Project.
Open Bidder relies on Google services that require billing. You can set up a billing account in the wrench menu > Settings.
Add required services
Open Bidder requires the following Google services/APIs at minimum:
To add these services to your project, open the Google API Console API Library. Select the project, then, in the Google APIs library, find and enable all required APIs.
Enable OAuth 2.0 API access
Your app will need to access user data and contact other Google services on your behalf. Use OAuth 2.0 to grant your app API access.
To enable that, you need a Client ID:
- Open the Google API Console Credentials page.
- From the project drop-down, select your project.
- Select Create credentials and choose OAuth client ID.
- Under Application type, select Web application, enter a Name and set the Restrictions (optional), then click Create.
- Make note of the OAuth 2.0 client ID and client secret. You will need them to configure the UI.