The Actions Console lets you customize your Action publishing settings for different languages, locales, and regions. These include which regions in which your Action is available, any localized Action descriptions, and customization of TTS voices.
Provide Action information for languages and locales
You can specify different Action information at the language or locale level:
- Language granularity - Your Action's information applies to all locales of that language.
- Locale granularity - Each locale has its own Action information. This information is then displayed in the Assistant directory appropriately, depending on the user's locale.
To learn how to add Action information for languages and locales, see Publishing Your Action.
The Actions console lets you control region availability with the Location targeting setting, which specifies the regions your Action supports. A device's region is determined by its physical location and not by its locale. Regions are currently set at the country level.
You might want to use location targeting if you have an Action that only allows purchases in certain countries or if your Action relies on the user physically being in a specific country to use it.
However, you should make your Action available to as many regions as possible. For instance, if you create an Action that teaches users about United States history, you should make the Action available to all regions to get the most usage and exposure.
To set location targeting:
- Go to the Overview section of your project in the Actions Console.
- Navigate to Deploy > Location targeting.
- Specify the regions that your Action supports. By default, all regions are supported.
Customize TTS voice
By default, your Action uses the TTS voice associated with the user's Assistant locale setting. This setting is usually the same as the device's locale setting, but can be different if the user explicitly changes the Assistant's locale on their device.
If desired, you can force a specific TTS voice for your Action, regardless of the Assistant locale setting. For example, your Action might have a persona that must have an American or British English accent.
To set a specific TTS voice for your Action:
- Go to the Actions Console and click on your project. The Overview page appears.
- Navigate to Setup > Invocation.
- On the Google Assistant voice field, the default setting of Match user's language setting is selected by default.
- To override the default setting, deselect the Match user's language setting checkbox and choose the desired TTS voice from the drop-down menu.