In the Actions console, you can switch between projects by clicking the drop down menu in the top menu.
Create a project
To develop an Action, you first need to create an Actions project and Dialogflow agent. The project grants access to the Actions console and the Dialogflow agent contains all of the intents that define your Action.
To create a project, follow these steps:
- Go to the Actions console.
- Click New project.
- Enter a name for your project and click CREATE PROJECT.
Once the project is created, you're taken to the Actions console on-boarding page, where you choose a category for the Action you're building.
See additional documentation on building for these specific Action types:
Import a project
You may want to import an existing project, to share Cloud and Firebase services, like Cloud functions, with your Action.
If you want to build your Action on top of an existing cloud project or an existing Firebase project, choose that project in the drop down menu inside the Add project dialog. As you start typing, existing project names will show up. Click on the project you want to import.
When importing a project, make sure you click on the project name listed. Once you click on the project, you'll see the Import Project button, as seen below.
Deleting a project
To delete a project, follow these steps:
- Click on the more more_vert icon > Project Settings > Delete Project.
- Enter the project id, displayed above the text field.
Click Delete project.
Once a project is deleted your Action will immediately stop being served to users and any pending reviews are canceled. You will have 7 days to reverse the deletion and restore the project. To do this, follow these instructions.
To add collaborators to a project, click on the more more_vert icon > Manage user access.
From there you will be directed to the Cloud Project Management System where you can edit collaborators by clicking Add and specifying their role.
If you want someone to have full permissions, add them as a project Editor. If you only want them to be able to see the project and test the Action, add them as a project Viewer.
The console is where you manage and publish new versions of your Action. The publishing process takes the current version of the draft and makes a "copy" to publish.
In order to publish your draft through the console, you'll want to update the draft and make it available to use in the console.
- Go to Integrations in the left menu and click on the Actions on Google card to activate it, if you haven't already.
- Set up your Explicit invocation intent and any Implicit invocation intents for your Action.
- Enable Auto-preview changes to ensure changes to your Dialogflow agent are reflected in your test Action.
- Click TEST to open the Actions console simulator and start testing your Action.
- Navigate to the folder where your Action package file resides.
Run the following command.
./gactions update --project PROJECT_ID
Banners and notifications
While working in the console, platform and account related information show up in two places:
- Banner - Platform issues and service-wide announcements are displayed in a banner at the top of the console.
- Notification center - The notification notifications icon at the top of the page shows account and project related notifications. These items generally require you to take action.