This page lists the major changes in each release of Google Apps Script. It is intended to help developers identify recent changes in behavior. For older changes, see the release notes for 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, or 2010.
March 19, 2015
- Added the ability to publish add-ons for domain-wide installation. This lets an admin of a Google Apps domain install and authorize a Docs, Sheets, or Forms add-on for all users in the domain if the add-on is published to the Google Apps Marketplace. If the developer has already published a Google Apps Marketplace app that is closely related to their add-on, they can also choose to bundle the add-on with the Marketplace app so that admins install both the app and the add-on together.
- Added the ability to change the Google Developers Console project that a script uses for authorization. This feature is most commonly used to bundle an add-on with a Google Apps Marketplace app, as above.
March 4, 2015
- Deprecated the URL Fetch service's class
OAuthConfig, which provided the ability to connect to OAuth 1.0 APIs. This has been replaced by the open source library OAuth1 for Apps Script. See the migration guide for more information.
February 10, 2015
- Added the following class, enum, and methods to the Spreadsheet service, to give precise control over protected sheets and ranges:
- Deprecated the following class and methods, which have been replaced by the
Protectionclass above. Although this class and these methods are deprecated, they will remain available for compatibility with the older version of Sheets.
- Replaced the method
SpreadsheetApp.open(file), which takes a
Fileobject from the deprecated DocsList service as a parameter, with a version that takes a
Fileobject from the Drive service instead. The new method has the same name.
- Changed several
Spreadsheetmethods that previously returned
voidso that they now return a
Spreadsheetobject that can be used to chain method calls.
- Changed the Document service methods
Text.setFontFamily(fontFamilyName)to use string names for font families instead of the
FontFamilyenum, and consequently deprecated
- The following fix was applied: