This page lists the major changes in each release of Google Apps Script. It is intended to help developers identify recent changes in behavior. For older changes, see the release notes for 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, or 2010.
October 10, 2017
- The Calendar service has been extended with the following new methods:
- CalendarApp.createAllDayEvent(title, startDate, endDate)
- CalendarApp.createAllDayEvent(title, startDate, endDate, options)
- Calendar.createAllDayEvent(title, startDate, endDate)
- Calendar.createAllDayEvent(title, startDate, endDate, options)
- CalendarEvent.setAllDayDates(startDate, endDate)
- The Groups service has been extended with the following new methods:
- The Spreadsheet service has been extended with the following new methods and classes:
October 6, 2017
Add-ons now require OAuth Client Verification prior to beginning the publication process. Verification no longer is conducted during the add-on review.
September 26, 2017
September 15, 2017
- Added GmailDraft to the Gmail service. You can now create, edit, delete, and send new draft messages or draft replies to existing messages and threads. Drafts can reply to the original sender or "reply all".
- You can now determine if a message or thread is in your priority inbox using GmailMessage.isInPriorityInbox() or GmailThread.isInPriorityInbox().
July 28, 2017
- Added a Spreadsheet.getFormUrl() method that returns the URLs of Forms send responses to this Sheet or Spreadsheet.
- Adds a Checkbox Grid item to the Forms service.
- Enabled the collection of exception and error reports using Stackdriver Error Reporting.
July 18, 2017
To protect users from abuse, Google OAuth clients that request certain sensitive OAuth scopes are subject to review by Google. Such apps may present users with a warning screen saying the app is unverified by Google. You can remove this screen from your app's authorization flow by submitting a review request.
June 23, 2017
June 20, 2017
Added the method Range.randomize() that randomizes the order of rows in a spreadsheet Range.
April 26, 2017
- Quizzes in Google Forms is now accessible from the Apps Script Forms service.
- Added support for Combo and Histogram charts. Like other charts, these can be embedded in a Google Sheet.
- Added ability to getColor() and setColor() for Calendar Events. Events have their own color set: EventColor.
March 9, 2017
- Introduced project collaboration using Team Drives. Files and scripts in a Team Drive are owned by the team instead of individuals, allowing teams to develop and maintain scripts more readily.
- Script editors (in addition to script owners) can now publish add-ons and deploy scripts as web apps or executables for the Execution API.
- For all container-bound scripts, the container owner takes ownership of a new script project regardless of who created it.