Use samples to learn while doing. Each app includes examples that show you how to use core App Maker features.
Also try out App Maker templates, which you can use as starting points for apps.
Many sample apps don't need a database. You can try them even if your organization doesn't have a default Cloud SQL instance.
No database required
These sample apps don't use a database:
- Hello App Maker!: A simple Hello World sample.
- Triggers: An app that uses Apps Script triggers to run scripts.
- Drive Picker: An app that shows how to use Drive Picker to let users access files stored in Google Drive or upload files from their computers.
- Translation: An app that shows how to build language translation into an app.
- HTML Iframe: An app that shows how to embed a YouTube video or web page.
- Email: An app that shows how to send email messages.
- Spreadsheet: An app that shows how to read and update cells in a spreadsheet.
- Calendar: An app that shows how to read and write data to a Google Calendar.
- Document: An app that shows how to create and add content to Google Docs.
- External database: An app that shows you how to connect to an external database using the JDBC API.
- REST services: An app that shows you how to use Apps Script to call third-party REST services.
Default Cloud SQL required
These sample apps require a database. You can't open them until a G Suite administrator sets up a default Cloud SQL database for your organization:
- Hello Data!: A basic data web app.
- Relations: A master-detail web app that demonstrates the use of relations.
- Registration Form: A registration form app that uses draft records.
- Charts: An app that uses bar and pie charts to display statistical data.
- Project List: A sample project management app that lets users create and edit projects.
- Forum: A forum app that shows how to use server-side scripting and a simple database.
- Dialogs & Data: An app that uses dialogs that work with data.
- Navigation & Dialogs: An app that demonstrates navigation options using a variety of widgets.
- Manual Save Mode: An app that shows how to make all user changes explicit.
- Calculated Model: An app that shows how to use calculated models to aggregate data in charts.
- Images: An app that shows how to let users choose images from Google Drive and display them in the app.
- Email PDF An app that shows how to create a document, convert it to PDF, then email it to the user.