Use samples to learn while doing. Each app includes examples that show you how to use core App Maker features.
Also take a look at App Maker templates, which you can use as starting points for apps.
Many sample apps don't need a database. You can try them out even if your domain doesn't have a default Cloud SQL instance.
No database required
These sample apps don't use a database:
- Hello App Maker!: A simple Hello World sample.
- Triggers: An app that uses Apps Script triggers to run scripts.
- Drive Picker: An app that shows how to use Drive Picker to let users access files stored in Google Drive or upload files from their computers.
- Translation: An app that shows how to build language translation into an app.
- HTML Iframe: An app that shows how to embed a YouTube video or web page.
- Email: An app that shows how to send email messages.
- Spreadsheet: An app that shows how to read and update cells in a spreadsheet.
- Calendar: An app that shows how to read and write data to a Google Calendar.
- Document: An app that shows how to create and add content to Google Docs.
- External database: An app that shows you how to connect to an external database using the JDBC API.
- REST services: An app that shows you how to use Apps Script to call third-party REST services.
Default Cloud SQL required
These sample apps require a database. You can't open them until a G Suite administrator sets up default Cloud SQL for your domain:
- Hello Data!: A basic data web app.
- Relations: A master-detail web app that demonstrates the use of relations.
- Registration Form: A registration form app that uses draft records.
- Charts: An app that uses bar and pie charts to display statistical data.
- Project List: A sample project management app that lets users create and edit projects.
- Forum: A forum app that shows how to use server-side scripting and a simple database.
- Dialogs & Data: An app that uses dialogs that work with data.
- Navigation & Dialogs: An app that demonstrates navigation options using a variety of widgets.
- Manual Save Mode: An app that shows how to make all user changes explicit.
- Calculated Model: An app that shows how to use calculated models to aggregate data in charts.
- Images: An app that shows how to let users choose images from Google Drive and display them in the app.
- Email PDF An app that shows how to create a document, convert it to PDF, then email it to the user.