- Learn how to build and deploy an App Engine app: a simple guestbook
- Basic familiarity with Python
- PC, Mac, or Linux computer with Python 2.7 installed
- The Introduction to App Engine class
Amy Unruh, Dan Sanderson, Oct 2012
Google Developer Relations
- build an App Engine application using Python 2.7
- use the
webapp2web application framework, and handle forms
- integrate an App Engine application with Google Accounts for user authentication
- use the App Engine Datastore with the Python NDB API
- use Jinja2 templates with your application
- use static files
- deploy your application to App Engine and use the Administration Console
By the end of these two classes, you will have implemented a working application, a simple guestbook that lets users post messages to a public message board. The classes are based on the App Engine Python 2.7 Getting Started tutorial, updated to use the NDB API, and with some additional content.
The code for a simple "Guestbook" application is included in the lessons.
The course uses the following technologies:
- Python 2.7
- The most current Python App Engine SDK and (optionally) the App Engine Launcher.
If you've worked through the Introduction to Google App Engine course, you should already have done the necessary installation.