App Engine premier accounts provide your organization with enterprise-level service and support from Google. These benefits include:
- Premium support from Google engineers, backed by our 99.95% SLA. (See the Technical Support Services Guidelines for details.)
- The ability to create an unlimited number of apps on your premier account domain.
- The ability to create applications in the European Union.
- No minimum monthly fees per app. Pay only for resources used.
- All frontend instance hours are charged at the discounted rate.
- Monthly billing via invoice.
- The ability to have up to 50 accounts with owner, developer, or viewer access in your application's Admin Console, as opposed to the usual 15.
- The ability to request very high quotas for your app that exceed the standard quotas.
How to get a Premier account
App Engine premier accounts are available to customers who signup for a Silver, Gold or Platinum support package through our sales team. Once you have the appropriate support package, you can request a premier account from the sales team. For additional information on available support packages please consult the Google Cloud Platform Support page.
Creating applications on your premier account
Once your account is configured:
- all new applications created on your domain will be linked to your premier account
- any user with an email account linked to your domain will be able to create new applications only on your domain
Your applications will be available at
*.appspot.com. You can also map applications to your custom domain.
You can give users in your domain administrative rights at the domain level by clicking on Settings in the Domain Console. To access the Domain Console, click the "All your-domain-name applications >>" link on the home screen of the Admin Console.
Migrating existing applications to your premier account
A billing administrator performs these steps to request a transfer:
- Go to the Admin Console and select the application.
- Click on Billing Status in the Billing section.
- Click the "Transfer app to a premier account" link.
- Enter your premier domain name and click Request Transfer
The transfer must then be approved by a user with domain administration rights, who performs these steps:
- Go to the Admin Console and click on the "All your-domain-name applications >>" link to open the domain console.
- Click on the "Approvals" link in the Domain section to see the pending transfer requests.
- For each application, click on Enable Premier Billing or Ignore to accept or deny the transfer.
Once the transfer is accepted, any current charges on your account will be removed from your application's bill and added to your premier account's invoice. Note that the daily usage history shown in the billing section does not display the dollar cost of usage for premier applications. These costs will appear in the premier account's invoice. There is a third-party Chrome extension that many customers are using to calculate billing amounts.
An application can run in the United States or in the European Union. If you have an App Engine Premier Account, you choose where the application runs when you create it in the Administration Console.
Locating your application in the European Union is especially useful if your application's users are closer to Europe than to the United States. There is less network latency and the End User Content will be stored at rest in the European Union.
Python 2.5 applications can't run in the European Union, but Python 2.7 applications can.