June 12, 2019
- Urgency mode will now default to MANDATORY rather than RECOMMENDED.
- The default WiFi only period will be seven days.
- Off-peak data operator restrictions will now be off by default.
- Permitting scheduled installation on encrypted devices will be on by default.
June 1, 2019
Revised Wi-Fi only time duration options based on usage and added shorter
durations within a month.
Existing - None, 2h, 6h, 24h, 3d, 10d, 90d, 120d, and Forever.
New - None, 1d, 3d, 7d, 14d, 21d, and Forever.
When edited, existing configs will be mapped to new ones in the following manner:
2h, 6h -> 1d
10d -> 7d
90d, 120d -> 21d
February 1, 2018
New report data is introduced with more details on device statuses, more accurate metrics and better performance. The new data will only be available starting Jan 01, 2018.
As part of the introduction of the new data, we've removed two statuses: complete and abandoned. The number of devices that have successfully taken the update can be measured via device fingerprint distribution.
October 16, 2017
lower_checkin_interval has been removed from Android Over The Air Dashboard and Android Over The Air API.
- lower_checkin_interval will now be true by default.
Wifi Only time has been defaulted to FOREVER when the Urgency is Recommended.
- The user may always opt to start the download over WiFi, this only governs automatic installation which never happens in Recommended.
July 1, 2017
Battery awareness for installations is now enabled for all updates and
there's no option to disable it.
The typical battery thresholds are 40% when a device is on battery and 20% when a device is plugged in. If you have questions about this, please reach out to your TAM.
June 21, 2017
Urgency fields were simplified and separated from update behavior business logic.
- Automatic timed was removed. You can now use Automatic + a time window.
- Wifi only time may now be set for all Urgency values.
- Battery level checking may now be set for all Urgency values.
Dialog interval has been removed from Android Over The Air Dashboard and Android Over The Air API as it was non-functional.
March 1, 2017
Android Over The Air API launched.
- To use the API, please see prerequisites.