If you will be creating Merchant Center accounts for more than one merchant, we suggest using a multi-client account (MCA), since authenticating as an MCA allows you to manage its sub-accounts via the Merchant Center and the Content API without having to set up authentication for each new sub-account. MCAs cannot contain product information themselves, so you will need to create sub-accounts for merchants which will contain their product information. You can create these sub-accounts either manually or via the Content API as described in the following sections.
- In the Merchant Center for your MCA, go to the Accounts tab.
- Click on the blue + button.
- Fill in the information for the new sub-account, and then click save.
Using the Content API for Shopping, perform the following steps:
- If you are creating an account on behalf of a client, you should first ask them to accept the Google Merchant Center Terms of Service.
- Make sure to present the client with the Terms of Service for their particular country and language.
- The links above cannot be used in an iframe, so you may need to present the user with your own stored copy of the Terms of Service and to have a way to keep your stored copy up to date with the current Terms of Service.
- Keep a record of the acceptance of the Terms of Service and be prepared to provide these records to Google if requested.