Once you have successfully made a Merchant Center product feed available to an AdWords account, you can start creating Shopping campaigns. Shopping campaigns allow users to see Ads that show an image of the product including title, price, store name and more. You can create a Shopping campaign by following the detailed steps for AdWords UI or automatically using AdWords API. These steps summarize the process of creating a new Shopping campaign that includes all products available for a given country from the associated Merchant Account.
- Make sure you have successfully linked the Merchant Center account to the AdWords Account.
- Sign into the AdWords account.
- Understand which AdWords experience you are using and follow the appropriate steps.
Create a new Shopping campaign selecting:
- the associated Merchant Center account.
- the "Country of Sale" for the campaign.
Select "Product Shopping Ad" as the ad for the campaign. This will create individual ads for products from the associated Merchant Center account.
Once saved, check which products are included in campaign.
Make sure the campaign is enabled and billing is correctly setup for the account.
- Make sure that you have successfully linked the Merchant Center account to the AdWords Account by using
mutateServiceLinksmethods of CustomerService.
- Create a new Shopping Campaign using CampaignService.
- Set the advertisingChannelType to 'SHOPPING'.
Create a ShoppingSetting object with at least the following required fields:
Create an AdGroup. The default ad group type is SHOPPING_PRODUCT_ADS.
Create a default ProductPartition which will encompass all products made available to AdWords.
Add a ProductAd to the ad group.
Make sure the campaign and ad group are enabled and that billing is correctly setup.