If your client wants you to manage their existing Merchant Center account, follow the steps below as appropriate.
If your client wishes to maintain control of their Merchant Center account, then you have the following options:
- The client can add your Google account as an administrative user for their Merchant Center account.
- If you plan to use the Content API to access their account and to authenticate via an OAuth2 client, your Shopping solution can present the merchant with a consent screen, through which they can permit your OAuth2 application to access their Merchant Center account.
- If you plan to use the Content API and to authenticate via a service account, then the service account ID for your service account must be added as a user to their Merchant Center.
If your client wishes for you to manage their existing Merchant Center account and you have a multi-client account:
- Gather the ID for your MCA and for your client's Merchant Center account.
- Choose Help under the overflow (three dots) menu in the upper-right of the Merchant Center.
- Choose the Contact Us section under the help topics.
- Request that your client's Merchant Center account be converted to a sub-account of your MCA, providing both the ID for your MCA account and the ID for your client's Merchant Center account.
This process can be later reversed by contacting Google in the same fashion.
Not available for this process.