Once you have created a Shopping campaign, you can use ad groups to structure your campaign for the purpose of bidding. Ad groups allow you to use features such as bid adjustments and negative keywords for grouped products. For example, you might want to create an ad group for each of your brands and manage them with different bidding strategies.
The following steps summarize how ad groups can be used to structure campaigns via the AdWords UI. For more detail see ad groups via the AdWords UI.
- Create a new Shopping campaign (as described in this guide).
- Create a new ad group and name it.
Depending on your AdWords experience, you may be able to chose to subdivide by an attribute, such as:
- Item ID
- Custom label
- Product type
Google Product Category
Repeat step 3 if you want to further subdivide your ad group by other attributes.
- Repeat steps 2-4 to create bidding settings for any additional ad groups.
- Check the product groups generated via the ad group creation. If you did not subdivide your ad group see manage product groups via the AdWords UI.
- Enable or pause the ad group to start using the new structure.
The following steps summarize how ad groups can be created via AdWords API. For more detail see the ad groups section of Shopping campaigns with AdWords API.
- Make sure that you have successfully linked the Merchant Center account to the AdWords Account.
- Create a new Shopping Campaign using CampaignService as described in this guide
Create at least one ProductAd depending on the adGroupType.