This guide is intended for publishers who want to use the Google Mobile Ads SDK to load and display ads from Verizon Media via mediation. It covers how to add Verizon Media to an ad unit's mediation configuration and how to integrate the Verizon Media SDK and adapter into a Unity app.
Supported integrations and ad formats
The AdMob mediation adapter for Verizon Media has the following capabilities:
- Unity 4 or higher
- Latest Google Mobile Ads SDK
- To deploy on Android
- Android API level 19 or higher
- To deploy on iOS
- iOS deployment target of 10.0 or higher
- A working Unity project configured with Google Mobile Ads SDK. Refer to Get Started for details.
Step 1: Set up Verizon Media
Under Applications and Sites, click the button to create your app and select your preferred platform.
Fill out the form and click Save and Add Placement to create your app.
Once you've created an app, you will need to create a Placement. Select a Placement Type, fill out the form, and click Save & Monetize. Take note of your Placement ID. You will need this in the next step.
You will need to add an Ad Source to your placement. On the next form, select Verizon Media SSP as an Ad Source and fill out the form with the required information. Once you've completed the form, click Save.
Finally, drag the Ad Source that you just created under the Waterfall Ad Sources table to add it to your placement. Take note of the Site ID, just beside your app's name. You will also need this in the next step.
Step 2: Configure mediation settings for your ad unit
You need to add Verizon Media to the mediation configuration for your ad unit. First sign in to your AdMob account.
Next, navigate to the Mediation tab. If you have an existing mediation group you'd like to modify, click the name of that mediation group to edit it, and skip ahead to Add Verizon Media as an ad source.
To create a new mediation group, select Create Mediation Group.
Enter your ad format and platform, then click Continue.
Give your mediation group a name, and select locations to target. Next, set the mediation group status to Enabled, and then click Add Ad Units.
Associate this mediation group with one or more of your existing AdMob ad units. Then click Done.
You should now see the ad units card populated with the ad units you selected:
Add Verizon Media as an ad source
In the Ad Sources card, select Add Ad Network. Select Verizon Media, then enter an eCPM value for Verizon Media and click Continue.
Enter the Placement ID and Site ID obtained in the previous section.
Using rewarded ads
In the settings for your rewarded ad unit, check the Apply to all networks in Mediation groups box so that you provide the same reward to the user no matter which ad network is served.
If you don't check this setting, the Verizon Media adapter defaults to a reward
"" (empty string) with a value of
1. The Verizon Media SDK does not
provide specific reward values for its rewarded ads.
For more information on setting reward values for AdMob ad units, see Create an ad unit.
Step 3: Import the Verizon Media SDK and Adapter
Download the latest version of Google Mobile Ads mediation plugin for Verizon
Media from the download link in the Changelog
and extract the
GoogleMobileAdsVerizonMediaMediation.unitypackage from the
In your Unity project editor, select Assets > Import Package >
Custom Package and find the
file you downloaded. Make sure all the files are selected and click Import.
Then, select Assets > Play Services Resolver > Android Resolver >
Force Resolve. The Unity Play Services Resolver library will perfrom
dependency resolution from scratch and copy the declared dependencies into the
Assets/Plugins/Android directory of your Unity app.
Step 4: Additional Code Required
No Additional code required for Verizon Media integration.
Step 5: Test Your Implementation
Verizon Media ads can be tested by creating a Test Ad Source and adding it into your placement's Waterfall Ad Sources. Navigate to your Placement ID's settings, click the Add button and select Test Ad Source.
Once you've created the Ad Source, drag it into your placement's Waterfall Ad Sources.
EU Consent and GDPR
Under the Google EU User Consent Policy, you must ensure that certain disclosures are given to, and consents obtained from, users in the European Economic Area (EEA) regarding the use of device identifiers and personal data. This policy reflects the requirements of the EU ePrivacy Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). When seeking consent, you must identify each ad network in your mediation chain that may collect, receive, or use personal data and provide information about each network's use. Google currently is unable to pass the user's consent choice to such networks automatically.
Follow the instructions below to enable or disable personalized ads for Verizon Media.
VerizonMedia class has the following methods that forward consent consent
information to the Verizon Ads SDK:
- Gets the Verizon Media SDK's IAB consent key.
- Sets GDPR privacy data on the Verizon Media SDK.
The following sample code demonstrates how to pass these parameters to the Verizon Media adapters. If you choose to call these methods, it is recommended that you do so prior to initializing the Google Mobile Ads SDK.
using GoogleMobileAds.Api.Mediation.VerizonMedia; using System.Collections.Generic; // ... Dictionary<string, string> privacyData = new Dictionary<string, string>(); privacyData.Add(VerizonMedia.GetVerizonIABConsentKey(), "myIABConsentString"); VerizonMedia.SetPrivacyData(privacyData);
Visit Verizon Media's Privacy Settings guide for more information about what inputs can be passed.
Add Verizon Media to GDPR ad partners list
Follow the steps in GDPR settings to add Verizon Media to the GDPR ad partners list in the AdMob UI.
Verizon Media Unity Mediation Plugin Changelog
- Supports Verizon Media Android adapter version 184.108.40.206.
- Supports Verizon Media iOS adapter version 220.127.116.11.
- Built and tested with the Google Mobile Ads Unity Plugin version 7.0.2.
- Removed the Verizon Media Privacy APIs.
- Supports Verizon Media Android adapter version 18.104.22.168.
- Supports Verizon Media iOS adapter version 22.214.171.124.
- Built and tested with the Google Mobile Ads Unity Plugin version 7.0.0.
- Supports Verizon Media Android adapter version 126.96.36.199.
- Supports Verizon Media iOS adapter version 188.8.131.52.
- Supports Verizon Media Android adapter version 184.108.40.206.
- Supports Verizon Media iOS adapter version 220.127.116.11.
- Supports Verizon Media Android adapter version 18.104.22.168.
- Supports Verizon Media iOS adapter version 22.214.171.124.
- Supports Verizon Media Android adapter version 126.96.36.199.
- Supports Verizon Media iOS adapter version 188.8.131.52.
- Supports Verizon Media Android adapter version 184.108.40.206.
- Supports Verizon Media iOS adapter version 220.127.116.11.
- Supports Verizon Media Android adapter version 18.104.22.168.
- Supports Verizon Media iOS adapter version 22.214.171.124.
- Supports Verizon Media Android adapter version 126.96.36.199.
- Supports Verizon Media iOS adapter version 188.8.131.52.
- Renamed the
SetConsentData()method from the
- Supports Verizon Media Android adapter version 184.108.40.206.
- Supports Verizon Media iOS adapter version 220.127.116.11.
- Added the following methods to the
VerizonMediaclass to support GDPR requirements:
GetVerizonIABConsentKey()to get the Verizon Media SDK's IAB Consent Key.
SetConsentData()to pass GDPR consent data to the Verizon Media SDK.
- Supports banner and interstitial ads.
- Supports Verizon Media Android adapter version 18.104.22.168.
- Supports Verizon Media iOS adapter version 22.214.171.124.